Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st (pt2)

Posted

graups TI HASNT STOPPED.....major disruption unfolding here....many peopl trying to get home after homes being flooded out

my area is bad just got a phone call....

Whats the rain like where you are now dogs has it stopped yet or is still as

bad as before

it maybe a bad storm but what a experience I wont forgett

Posted

I know it's from yesterday, but here are a couple of photos of a tornado at Flamingoland in North Yorkshire I found on another website that are quite spectacular....

http://www.talkflamingo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?id=1381

Posted

Still continuous heavy rain and strong gusty winds here in Swindon. Skies are brightening to the South, but no let up with the rain as yet. Lots of flooding all over the town.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

@ dogs

my comapny has just sent everyone home.

Chelt is indeed bad.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Seems to be gathering strengh as it moves northward rather than weakening. Just outside Sheffield at the moment and the shield is up and running deflecting the first pass but a sterner test is on the way.

I wonder if the warning will come back into force for Yorkshire

Posted

its the south american rain forrest here

lynxus...many people told to go home because of floods.....2 roads away ive been told there is a flood from me

Edited by dogs32

Posted
I know it's from yesterday, but here are a couple of photos of a tornado at Flamingoland in North Yorkshire I found on another website that are quite spectacular....

very good photos :drinks:

Posted
@ dogs

my comapny has just sent everyone home.

Chelt is indeed bad.

God I hope it deosnt hit north again for them people they have had there floods

Posted

The areas that had this rain in the morning seem to be in the firing line for more as the rain wrapps around itself again.

You can see it movin again and slowly intensifying again...

Posted
Seems to be gathering strengh as it moves northward rather than weakening. Just outside Sheffield at the moment and the shield is up and running deflecting the first pass but a sterner test is on the way.

see my forecast blog using the 12z chart

Guest Nimbus20

Yes PIT, it is regaining strength once again, almost as though it was having a breather before continuing to show its force. A line of rain has also developed to the north of the main system which is probably what you have now. And it also looks as i though I had better brace myself too :o :

Posted
very good photos :o

Unfortunately I can't take credit for these, but thought they were worth a look. As for today's weather nothing at all really, just cold, cloudy and dull. No rain so far in West Yorkshire but with an already saturated ground I expect there will be more flooding problems up here if the rain falls as it has in many southern areas already.

Posted

Rain stopped for a couple of hours in Manchester as the first band moved to the west and south (pivoting rain bands around the low). However, it is starting again now as the next band is coming from the east/southeast. The Pennines are gradually dissapearing to the east of me as the rain approaches.

I am not expecting thunder though.

Karyo

Posted

truly amazing what is going on today! havent had any rain in devon today....just mostly cloudy!! with a tiny amount of sun..looks like we missed out narrowly!

Posted

Good afternoon

just a update as i was at work when all the fun was kicking off. Well many roads in central Luton are under flood water with shops affected and some homes, this is due to the heavy rain and the drains not coping rather than the river lee flooding. surrounding minor flooding in Leighton Buzzard and Houghton regis is causing minor problems.

This mornings rain hit its peak around lunchtime with torrentual rain and thunder & Lightening, Ive got home to find i have quite a spectacular pond where my drive is and the excavations for our new simming pool with around four inches of water in the bottom.

quite a morning however the sun is now splitting the stones now and looking at the latest sat and radar images i think the worst is over for us in the south east (for the time been)

LO

Edited by Luton Observation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
Bishps Cleeve is pretty much impassable. Road into Cheltenham via racecourse also closed. Traffic at a standstill. Winchcombe floaded again. Sure feel soory for the people who has water rushing through their house in Cleeve. They had "go slow" signs for drivers and had dustbins, boxes anything to act as a defence - no chance.

Hi ray welcome to the forum.Sounds really bad down Bishops Cleeve and sourrounding areas,down here in Tredington the traffic is turning around because the water on the road is to deep to drive into Stoke Orchard way.Tewkesbury must be really bad too.

Posted
God I hope it deosnt hit north again for them people they have had there floods

So do I dogs, that would be a very depressing situation if that were to happen.

I'm going to read John's blog and see what the outlook is.

Guest Nimbus20

The first of the rain has now started to fall here. Not heavy at present, but the drops are large in size. Radar shows very little here at present, the main area is still to the south of me Skegness way.

Sky also showing convection here is gathering pace too.

Posted

A few spots of rained started and it's stopped already

but the forecast for here this evening/tonight is only light/mod rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Thats not Yorkshire, those photos were on a French forum from the storms this morning.

Posted

One thing i find really disappointing about this is, everyone seem to be getting thunder. .. Not sure where mine is lol

Posted
Thats not Yorkshire, those photos were on a French forum from the storms this morning.

Sorry, but it is most definately North Yorkshire. The coaster in the background is Kumali.

Posted

it says those images were posted at 20 40 yesterday so cant be french!!

Edited by Luton Observation

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

The lovely sun is now making a appearance here. Peeking through the thinning cloud, and making everything nice a warm :o