Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st (pt2)

Posted
At long last! What took them so long? The rain over Lincolnshire is intensifying all the time.

Also, some very heavy showers just south of Cardiff.

Karyo

Yes, some very heavy showers just coming over me at the moment, torrential downpours but no thunder

Posted

It's been hammering down here since about 6am! At least 100mm of rain by the looks of things, will get out and measure it when it stops eventually. Flooding looks like being pretty severe in this part of the world..

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
207.07009.jpg

207.07007.jpg

:mellow:

Ah looks like Sheffield after a light shower.

Sheffield Shield holding firm and very little getting through at the moment.

Posted
Ironically in the school playground they have a wooden ship, it's never looked so realistic before!!

:o

Hi AL

Might be worth trying to sell that ship on ebay. I'd bet it would do quite well given the summer we have

had. I bet barbecues aren't selling too well atm. :mellow:

Anyway over here I am yet to see any rainfall fortunately, but looking at the outlook I will get my share

a little later tonight. I'm not expecting a deluge to be honest, but it still looks like being a miserable evening

Brian

Posted

VERY BAD FLASH FLOODING HERE!!!!!! on the way home i had to ride down a road with water one and a half foot deep on a motorbike!!!!! one of the photos is the said road not river !!!! hope it stops soon or this will be a disaster!!!!!!!! 006yg2.jpg 008na2.jpg 009aj9.jpg

Posted
It's been hammering down here since about 6am! At least 100mm of rain by the looks of things, will get out and measure it when it stops eventually. Flooding looks like being pretty severe in this part of the world..

Paul are you very close to Malvern, as my brother lives there and I'm wondering what it is like where he lives

Regards

Brian :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Amusingly the warnings are back for Yorkshire. Nothing major amounts wise it'll be just a case of duration me thinks. 20 -30 mm in hour would be a problem 12 hours no so bad.

Posted
Amusingly the warnings are back for Yorkshire. Nothing major amounts wise it'll be just a case of duration me thinks. 20 -30 mm in hour would be a problem 12 hours no so bad.

did say they would be a while ago Pit!

also my latest chart available here

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...p;#entry1028061

reading some of the above posts re Lincs/Yorks, I am mystified why warnings were not issued earlier but then I'm only a retired amateur forecaster!

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
VERY BAD FLASH FLOODING HERE!!!!!! on the way home i had to ride down a road with water one and a half foot deep on a motorbike!!!!! one of the photos is the said road not river !!!! hope it stops soon or this will be a disaster!!!!!!!!

As bad as this is, I think the word 'disasters' is a little ott as I've seen the River Wear flooded with all country routes to town under water and the passport office lower floors flooded. Not a disaster, but still very nasty.

Take care anyway, and don't venture out too far.

Regards

PP

Posted
Paul are you very close to Malvern, as my brother lives there and I'm wondering what it is like where he lives

Regards

Brian :mellow:

Yes it's 10 or 15 miles up the road, so it'll have been pretty wet!

Posted

must be record here for rain..i know it is sorry paul last one..yes paul will post in the other forum later thanks

Edited by dogs32

Posted
As bad as this is, I think the word 'disasters' is a little ott as I've seen the River Wear flooded with all country routes to town under water and the passport office lower floors flooded. Not a disaster, but still very nasty.

Take care anyway, and don't venture out too far.

Regards

PP

I think I would concider it a disaster if my street looked like the picture above your post P.P. :mellow:

Posted
HI gmg

It's just started spitting here now but

it's only a matter of minutes before it hammers it down

ouch - have you seen the radar!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
I think I would concider it a disaster if my street looked like the picture above your post P.P. :)

thankyou....if you saw the peoples faces of there flooded homes yes a disaster

trust me its very bad in places

Edited by dogs32

Posted
I think I would concider it a disaster if my street looked like the picture above your post P.P. :)

From the cambridge dictionary, i'm sure it won't be long before this situation fits most of the definition, although i pray that it won't!!!!!! Disaster........................................

noun [C or U]

1 (an event which results in) great harm, damage or death, or serious difficulty:

An inquiry was ordered into the recent rail disaster (= a serious train accident).

It would be a disaster for me if I lost my job.

This is one of the worst natural disasters ever to befall the area.

Heavy and prolonged rain can spell disaster for many plants.

Everything was going smoothly until suddenly disaster struck.

Inviting James and Ivan to dinner on the same evening was a recipe for disaster (= caused a very difficult situation) - they always argue with each other.

Posted

dont tell me more rain....if its rainning by 8 i will be moving stuff up stairs

I hope it dies when it gets to yorkshire..they have enough flooding for a life time

Edited by dogs32

Posted
thankyou....if you saw the peoples faces of there flooded homes yes a disaster

trust me its very bad in places

yes its a disaster in the sense of flooding a home that may have taken 20 years to get to the standard it was before the floods came in.

Try going into a house recently flooded, aside from the piles of irreplaceable items, furniture, carpets, etc etc, just smell it. Vile and it will be many many months before some people can live in their home again. Think on that when you celebrate Xmas in your dining room!

Edited by johnholmes