Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Perseids 2007

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Fingers crossed for high pressure and clear skies! Last year was cloudy as I remember...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I only saw 2 I think last year, this year I hope to top that :blink:

Posted

will be in Naxos Greece so not only should there be clear dark skies but even at midnight the temps will be 70c. its about time i can do some night time wating in the warmth, there's many a night i've been sat up on the nearby football fields wrapped in winter woolies to protect against the frost at midnight .waiting for comets and metor showers to arrive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

not again..i remember going out year on year in my early teens in the mid 80s...i gave up after 5 or 6yrs...complete waste of time!!

Posted

As I understand it ls - it's a case of waiting until after midnight somewhere dark (like you say - obviously), as this is when the UK is facing the direction of travel of the earth through space. It's like looking into the future....

Cue spooky music *oooeeeooo-ooo*

Posted
As I understand it ls - it's a case of waiting until after midnight somewhere dark (like you say - obviously), as this is when the UK is facing the direction of travel of the earth through space. It's like looking into the future....

Cue spooky music *oooeeeooo-ooo*

ta shugs. i've not seen them before so quite keen to position myself for optimum effect this year. hope all good with you. ls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Oh great I look forward to them every year, last year I saw 20 and most fo them were before midnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Just seen an amazing fireball lasting about 3 seconds streak across the sky to the NE.

Was it red or orange?

Mammatus

Posted
Just seen an amazing fireball lasting about 3 seconds streak across the sky to the NE.

Last night there was a satellite that passed S-N at about 22.15, then the ISS passed in the same direction a few minutes later, then jut after 22.30 the latest shuttle moved from WNW-ESE and was very bright indeed - certainly the brightness surprised me.

But best of all, in the twenty minutes I was out I saw four meteors, one of which was much brighter than the others. Viewing conditions should be perfect tonight and tomorrow night too.

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Evening everyone

The forecast isnt looking to great for Sunday night !!, look North have just said it the weather will start to deteriate by Sunday , IF we do get clear skies Look to the East

NIGEL

Posted
Evening everyone

The forecast isnt looking to great for Sunday night !!, look North have just said it the weather will start to deteriate by Sunday , IF we do get clear skies Look to the East

NIGEL

Cheers Nigel, it's looking grim I fear.

Posted
Last night there was a satellite that passed S-N at about 22.15, then the ISS passed in the same direction a few minutes later, then jut after 22.30 the latest shuttle moved from WNW-ESE and was very bright indeed - certainly the brightness surprised me.

But best of all, in the twenty minutes I was out I saw four meteors, one of which was much brighter than the others. Viewing conditions should be perfect tonight and tomorrow night too.

Just back from a week in Wales and we saw the ISS and Shuttle (Endeavour?) too on 9th, the shuttle directly following the ISS on the same track. They both really stood out in the darkness of the countryside with the ISS brighter than the Shuttle. Saw the ISS again last night (with the shuttle docked but couldn't see that!) There is another visible pass tonight of both (docked) at 2140hrs so will have another look, but it won't be as good with the street lights as it was in Wales with the proper dark! Fingers crossed it is clear on Sunday night though!

Edited by simon1

Posted

Clear skies expected for Sunday into early hours monday morning

nigel

Posted

Hi There,

I viewed Perseids in 2002 in Cyprus, and it was breathtaking. Clear skies, and purple meteors bright as a street light screaming from horizon to horizon in a couple of seconds. Possibly the most amazing thing I ever experienced, one every few seconds

So....I know the peak is tomorrow, but can we expect to see any this evening?

Also, are ISS/Space Shuttle due to be visible this evening?

Thanks all !

Nick

Posted
Hi There,

I viewed Perseids in 2002 in Cyprus, and it was breathtaking. Clear skies, and purple meteors bright as a street light screaming from horizon to horizon in a couple of seconds. Possibly the most amazing thing I ever experienced, one every few seconds

So....I know the peak is tomorrow, but can we expect to see any this evening?

Also, are ISS/Space Shuttle due to be visible this evening?

Thanks all !

Nick

Nick,

See my post above or follow this link

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sight...amp;city=London

Remember that the shuttle is docked with the ISS so only one sighting will be possible

:lol:

Posted

Well we have clear skys, bit too much light pollution though :( hubby thinks he just saw one. Tis early in the night though, I should be able to lie in bed and see them out of the window :D

Edited by Louby

Posted

Morning everyone

Looking at the 00z run this morning , its still showing CLEAR skies for the majority of the Uk , However there will still be cloud cover unfortunately across NW Scotland and Western Scotland, throughout the night , this cloud cover will drift Eastward throughout Monday morning > Clear spells between 2100 and 0300hrs Sunday/ Monday morning

Dewpoint expected around 9c with max temps between 13c and 16c

Rain should clear around Mid afternoon

NIGEL

Newcastle

Edited by stormchaser1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Morning All.

Lovely bright but cloudy morning here.

Saw ISS go over last night about 2140. Very bright and clearly visible in cloudless skies.

Caught one little Perseid heading due north about 2245 - bright orange flash.

Hope for clear skies tonight.

Good Luck

Andy