Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Perseids 2007

Posted
The "experts" have been recommending viewing with the naked eye as being the best. Certainly looking nice and clear anyway!

Erm......I'll keep my clothes on thank you :lol: . Nice and clear, hoping for a good show later

Posted

Yeh I've been looking out of my window, but I have trees in the N/E and I think the radiant is still quite low. Glad Will Storm has seen two in succession too :lol:

Daz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Do you think when the Shooting Stars come etc do they make like a squeeling noise as they go very fast?

Posted

They will be very noisy if you were right next to them :lol: But because they are sooo high up (skimming the outer atmosphere) you won't hear a thing.

Grrr cloud has come in now. Please clear, this happened last year, haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Just seen one :lol:

Will we all be seeing the same shooting stars around the country or different ones?

I'm guessing the same?

Posted

Will we all be seeing the same shooting stars around the country or different ones?

I'm guessing the same?

i think the same ones aswell :o

saint :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I keep getting tricked by Flashing airplane lights!

Posted

I'm guessing the same?

That actually quite a good question there. I assume(as saint already menturned) the whole country will se the same shooting stars(of corse if the weather is permitting).

Optimus prime - according to the experts look in the NE direction and apparantly going from East to West.

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

TBH I think everyone will have intermittent cloudy spells, its cloudy here atm, but it could be a dying shower, like the last lot, then got treated to an hour of clear skies. Just be patient guys :lol: oh and optimistic!!!

Daz

Are there any specific directions we should be looking?

The area from which I'm looking is north because it's facing away from the street lamps.

you want to look ENE on the Perseus constellation or just under Cassiopeia (the W shaped constellation) for the radiant. Meteors will shoot away from this point in all directions.

Daz

Posted

Think i just saw another, not bright but it lasted quite a while and just faded out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Do all shooting stars move very fast?

I've just seen something, i'm sure it wasn't a plane, it was moving slow and gradually fading until it dissappeared, there was no trail so i'm guessing it wasn't a fireball.

Must have lasted about 10 seconds.

Must have been what Blizzards saw

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted
Do all shooting stars move very fast?

I've just seen something, i'm sure it wasn't a plane, it was moving slow and gradually fading until it dissappeared, there was no trail so i'm guessing it wasn't a fireball.

Must have lasted about 10 seconds.

Must have been what Blizzards saw

Yep it lasted quite a while here too. Too fast for a plane i feel.

Posted

proberly the space station it was due over at 22.03 from wnw to east at 22.08, will appear at 23.38

in the west but not as bright and stay in the west.

Edited by BARRY

Posted
proberly the space station it was due over at 22.03 from weat to east

Well it wasnt at 10:03 and it went North to south.

Posted
proberly the space station it was due over at 22.03 from weat to east

If it was West to SSE it was the ISS. Saw it from here and it was VERY bright even under street lights. Brighter than anything else really!

Posted

There was something tracking WNW-SSE about ten minutes ago which I got the binoculars out for. My guess is that it was the space station; it was much brighter than venus and slightly too fast for a plane. Didn't fade though, although it might have gone into the earth's shadow.

Only saw one star myself in ten minutes; for all that it's good viewing tonight I don't think it's a very good storm this year. Even in good years I used to reckon one a minute was a decent average.

proberly the space station it was due over at 22.03 from wnw to east at 22.08, will appear at 23.38

in the west but not as bright and stay in the west.

Thank you, never seen it before but often wondered. Now I know.

Posted
There was something tracking WNW-SSE about ten minutes ago which I got the binoculars out for. My guess is that it was the space station; it was much brighter than venus and slightly too fast for a plane. Didn't fade though, although it might have gone into the earth's shadow.

Only saw one star myself in ten minutes; for all that it's good viewing tonight I don't think it's a very good storm this year. Even in good years I used to reckon one a minute was a decent average.

That was the space station. I understand the storm will get better after midnight!