Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase 07 Vid Highlights

Paul Sherman

Posted

Here is the 1st Cut and teaser of Pete, Steve, James & Tom's Storm Chase from 2007, this will end up being a full length DVD For the whole tour but Pete has just finished the 1st Cut.

Netweather's Team will also have a Compelation DVD & Teaser for you in the next few weeks as our very own Moviemaker "Mr Potty Proffessor" will be sorting through my 10 hours of DV Tapes.

But enjoy this very well made intro.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Its a cracking little teaser is that..

I have my glue and scissors at the ready and have dusted off the projection screen. One thing I've noticed though. It's damn difficult to see the pictures on the cassettes. Is it better if I pull some tape out and hold it to the light? :p :o

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Now thats what i call a teaser.... Haway Potty get that sticky back plastic in motion and lets see what i stayed up for

all those months back!!... ;);) ..

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Great video again from Steve and the boys. Paul and I went to the 'storm chasers' bbq' back in February (odd time for a bbq?!) and saw a longer video that Steve and team did (think it was James Banham of the team made it) of their chase in 2006. Also we watched other videos of tornadoes too, looking forward to the next storm chasers' get together.

Be interesting to see what Potty can create from the hours of footage that Paul took, think when we were chatting about a storm ahead of us down the road in Sern Kansas which went on to drop the Greensburg F5 maybe one of the highlights.

Posted

Waa-hoo!! glad y'all enjoyed the teaser :) Potty i know how ya feel, i had to get infront of a very strong bright light to see the frames but a word of advice , dont stand there for to long as your face gets sunburnt (colour of a baboons rear end)& you strain your eyes :) 5hours to make for 4 & half minutes rofl thats not a good rate of exchange considering i've got close to 20 hours of tapes to get reduced lol.

re Feb bbq, what better time to have one :) just when there's a glimer of the days starting to get longer after a long dull winter & May just round the corner. Hmmm or maybe it's just an excuse to eat fat pills drink beer with friends & watch dvd's lol.

Anyway, if anyone has questions or needs advice on editing i'm happy to help but i'm no expert.

Regards

Pete

Posted

:lol: @ Pete.

Yes. Certainly takes some time. Can you imagine what it would be like making something like that with film, cutting a few frames short and then hunting through several hundred feet of cuttings? Sheesh!! Thank god for digital video!! :p