Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mysterious reports - Have you seen anything?

Posted

Interesting stuff..

There was something similar in the states a few years ago and it turned out to be temperature inversions refracting and magnifying the headlights of aircraft that were miles away. Possibilities?? They were all heading in the same direction...

Another example would be a Russian rocket exhaust being seen several hundred miles away. I'll try and find the links...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Seems to me that UFO sightings have been on the increase in recent times...Guess part of this is due to there being evidence that wasn't there in the past, ie ppl being able to video such fenomema as it happens on their mobile phones... Alien invasion on its way???? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Lights at night are a difficult one at the best of times :lol:

The last video played on this news report looks pretty alien, in fact it gives me the creeps :)

Take no notice of the first few videos they are artists impressions of the meteor the TV station made when they thought that nobody has filmed it. The viewers videos and pictures came in afterwords.

http://dnevnik.hr/bin/article.php?article_...how_media=61602

Russ

One thaught off the top of my head, could they be balloons with LED's attached as a prank?!!

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

Haven't seen this anywhere yet but it's not UFO, they are IFO's.

Somebody wrote into a paper and said they'd held a thai party that night and released fire lanterns. These are essentially hot air ballons with a tea light candle, similar to the hoaxes that have been perpetrated over the years. The random motion would be the different eddies of wind up there.

Sorry.

Posted
Haven't seen this anywhere yet but it's not UFO, they are IFO's.

Somebody wrote into a paper and said they'd held a thai party that night and released fire lanterns. These are essentially hot air ballons with a tea light candle, similar to the hoaxes that have been perpetrated over the years. The random motion would be the different eddies of wind up there.

Sorry.

Wow, they must have released a ton of them since they were seen across a massive area at random times, from Bristol, Shropshire, Brighton, Heathrow and London to name the few locations given by those who actually rang up radio 5 at around the same period in the late evening.

Posted

The question is will they come back, if they do then they will be on all the worlds TV tonight :)

Professor Stephen Hawkins replying to a question about what he thinks aliens would look like:- "The Aliens on Starship Troopers are the most realistic I think, IMO they would probably look like that" :o :help:

I hope they are lanterns :D :o

Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Its a pitty that with all such Phenomena there is never any concrete evidance like spiritualism, Esp, etc etc....When I was a young teen (70s) I stayed for over a month in a part of Northern Italy that was montainous, very rural and had very little light polution, there were numerous UFO sightings that Summer in the local vicinity, even I saw a spinning disc briefly at pretty close range in the hills in front of our house, as I focused on it it disapeared in a flash and left me almost unsure if I'd seen anything at all in the first place it was so fast! The locals that did not see anything of course thought that mothers, brothers, uncles were losing it big time so ppl generally shut up about it to avoid ridicule, including myself.

If it is Aliens or any another life form I would much prefer if one would just land on Earth in a major world city and show itself, get it over and done with! At the end of the day what ever they are up to, if they exist at all, I presume that there is not much that any of us can do about it...I wonder sometimes if we are being watched though, like Earth is a big experiment and we are their Guinea pigs! :o

I won't believe these sightings until someone gets a really good close up. How come all UFO sightnings are distant shots of a small object of some sort with a poor shakey camera? A few small distant lights in the sky is certainly no evidence for aliens. They are more likely to have a much simpler explaination. The day someone gets a detailed close up of an alien craft is the day I may believe in them.

I've been out a few times and someone next to me as said "look, a UFO!" when it was clear to me it wasn't.

Posted
How come all UFO sightnings are distant shots of a small object of some sort with a poor shakey camera?

The footage in the video posted was not a poor shaky camera, it zoomed in quite well IMO but when they're so far away it would be hard to zoom in closer with an average camera;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDEWZq397Lc

I'm not saying it's "aliens" but merely pointing out the footage wasn't bad.

Posted

Do you know what, i went out shooting one night when i was about 15 (8 years ago) and i saw something incredibly similar to this with my mates, they all flew the same direction which was.....ne to se i think.

Non of our parents believe us either.

The footage in the video posted was not a poor shaky camera, it zoomed in quite well IMO but when they're so far away it would be hard to zoom in closer with an average camera;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDEWZq397Lc

I'm not saying it's "aliens" but merely pointing out the footage wasn't bad.

It's too far away though to see any sort of detail. I think the lanterns is a plausible explaination.

That video actually looks very similar to the famous Phoenix lights event in the US. They were found to be parachuted flares dropped by military aircraft on a training exercise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Laterns wouldnt jump from bristol to london and to norfolk , not a possibility it was those.

Posted
Laterns wouldnt jump from bristol to london and to norfolk , not a possibility it was those.

I agree and if you look at the footage(from bangor aswell) the lights twinkle very vividly with great clarity, a candle in a balloon wouldn't be so bright nor so vivid and be seen so far away.

Posted
I won't believe these sightings until someone gets a really good close up. How come all UFO sightnings are distant shots of a small object of some sort with a poor shakey camera? A few small distant lights in the sky is certainly no evidence for aliens. They are more likely to have a much simpler explaination. The day someone gets a detailed close up of an alien craft is the day I may believe in them.

I've been out a few times and someone next to me as said "look, a UFO!" when it was clear to me it wasn't.

I actually agree with you there.

Some people may be surprised about my comment here (given peoples' impressions of me on this forum); but I am very sceptical of UFO sightings due to the sheer amount of hoaxes, bad camera work and ambiguous nature of the causes of such sightings.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted

http://www.thevolleyballman.com/files/May-...eos/X_Files.wmv :D

I would love to see the original if there is one...

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

The problem is that people mistakenly assume UFO = alien spaceship.

These are unidentified lights. There are many things they might be, but no evidence whatsoever that they are 'spaceships' - indeed I would say that logically it's one of the least likely explanations. Why would such spaceships have a single light? Why would they hand around in groups over town centres late at night? Why is there no radar confirmation? (not much point going into stealth mode when you're broadcasting your presence to the world with a great big light!)

The problem is that people mistakenly assume UFO = alien spaceship.

That's true. UFO means Unidentified Flying Object. It's just that, a flying object that nobody can fully identify. To make the leap from unidentified to a spaceship from an alien civilisation is quite a leap. To make such an extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence. A few distant small lights is certainly not extraordinary evidence for an alien spaceship theory.

"There are many things they might be, but no evidence whatsoever that they are 'spaceships' - indeed I would say that logically it's one of the least likely explanations."

I find that 98.8% of all the UFOs that I see do turn out to be spacecraft.

The last two - on August 2 were TSX5 (00-30A) at 22:51:39.28 U.T

and Cosmos 1386 rocket (82-69B) at 23:05:19.40 U.T.