Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

September CET!

Posted
Why does SF always get rubbish in his quotes???? Been bugging me for ages.

Bugs me too, and bizarrely it seems to happen whichever machine I'm using which rather implies the problem is not a glitch in the software at my end.

Posted
Bugs me too, and bizarrely it seems to happen whichever machine I'm using which rather implies the problem is not a glitch in the software at my end.

Further consideration must be given to the PICNIC problem. i.e. Problem In Chair Not In Computer.

If it happens no matter which computer you use then, as the common factor, could it be you?

Posted
Further consideration must be given to the PICNIC problem. i.e. Problem In Chair Not In Computer.

If it happens no matter which computer you use then, as the common factor, could it be you?

Well, I'm all ears if you're the expert. Believe you me, all I do is type away. I note that the problem happens with one or two other users as well, and it's all around the use of the double quotes key, ' " '.

Well, I'm all ears if you're the expert. Believe you me, all I do is type away. I note that the problem happens with one or two other users as well, and it's all around the use of the double quotes key, ' " '.

and if it's a problem, it is only when something I type is quoted back, which rather suggests it's NOT something I'm doing, it's something on the system / server end responding, perhaps, to a problem in the java script. There's clearly a corruption somewhere.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I'm going for finger trouble as well otherwise the rest of us would be effected. :(

Posted

Could it be CO2? It appears to have occured when CO2 reached a tipping point. Perhaps the synoptics suggest that it shouldn't be happening but it is, so something isn't right.

Good job the climate isn't like that, isn't it.

Posted

Some reviews for this month;

BBC/Metoffice;

"Mean temperatures generally close to or slightly above average. However, the north of Scotland had its coldest September since 1994. Rainfall generally close to or below average, with the England southeast and central southern area only receiving around half of the average September rainfall.

Sunshine ranging from well below average across the Northern Isles to slightly above average across England and Wales.

Saughall (Strathclyde) recorded a minimum temperature of -3.6 °C on 27th. Lee-On-Solent (Hampshire) recorded a maximum temperature of 25.4 °C on 6th."

England;

"The provisional mean value for the month is 13.8°C0.5°C above the 1961-1990 average.

Scotland;

"Scotland Mean Temperature Series (series began in 1914).The provisional value for the month was 10.7 °C0.2°C above the 1961-1990 average.Coldest September since 1994.

TAharley;

"September. Dry with about average sunshine. There were some cool days and nights. There was an outbreak of tornadoes in England on the 24th."

Climate-uk

"Both mean maximum and mean minimum temperature for the month were within 0.5degC of the long-term average in Scotland and Northern Ireland, and 0.5-1.0degC above in England and Wales; nevertheless, it was the coolest September for six years. Rainfall was above average in parts of northern and western Scotland also locally in northwest England and north Wales, but it was a dry September everywhere else; a swath from London to Wiltshire and Oxfordshire had less than 20mm. Sunshine totals were 20-40 per cent below normal in northern Scotland, but 10-20 per cent above in most other regions."

Posted
I note that the problem happens with one or two other users as well, and it's all around the use of the double quotes key, ' " '.

Yep, it happens to me too and it makes the post so hard to read properly. I now always do a "quick edit" on my post immediately after submitting it, to get rid of the rubbish ( ;) ). It's a bit of a pain, but it works.

PS Would you credit it.....no rubbish in my quotation marks this time!

Edited by noggin

Posted

It's actually all down to me. I'm so fed up with SF's mild-ramping and complete intransigence that AGW is real, that I mischievously muck up his quotes to make him look a fool. For similar reasons, I always put Steve Murr's offerings into italics and add a :wallbash: to the end of P3's posts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
It's actually all down to me. I'm so fed up with SF's mild-ramping and complete intransigence that AGW is real, that I mischievously muck up his quotes to make him look a fool. For similar reasons, I always put Steve Murr's offerings into italics and add a :) to the end of P3's posts.

Great stuff :wallbash:

BFTP

Posted
It's actually all down to me. I'm so fed up with SF's mild-ramping and complete intransigence that AGW is real, that I mischievously muck up his quotes to make him look a fool. For similar reasons, I always put Steve Murr's offerings into italics and add a ;) to the end of P3's posts.

...and you do GP's diagrams and Snow Man 3000's Powerpoint presentations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
It's actually all down to me. I'm so fed up with SF's mild-ramping and complete intransigence that AGW is real, that I mischievously muck up his quotes to make him look a fool. For similar reasons, I always put Steve Murr's offerings into italics and add a ;) to the end of P3's posts.

Lol