Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sears Tower Hit by Lightning Repeatedly

Posted
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/MyFox/pa...mp;locale=EN-US

click the link above some very intense lightning

B)

Wow, unbelievable! Chicago and that general area had some amzing storms last week, loads of flooding, tornadoes and severe wind gusts;

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294591,00.html

Posted
thats bad, yet some parts of florida are in the middle of a very bad drought

There are parts with worse droughts than Florida! The whole South East region has had a very dry and hot summer. August has so far produced zero rain in parts of Tennessee. Exceptional drought conditions now exist across most of Alabama and large parts of Georgia, Tennessee and parts of North Carolina.

post-1957-1188186004_thumb.png

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

Great footage, I see there was also another tower just in shot on the right hand side of the footage that was taking a pummeling too!

Posted
Great footage, I see there was also another tower just in shot on the right hand side of the footage that was taking a pummeling too!

That would probably be the Hancock Centre, the second tallest building in Chicago at 100 stories. It would be interesting to work in either of those buildings during an electrical storm like the ones they had here last week!

Id hadnt reaslied how bad it was

Hopefully it should start easing quite soon. The last couple of days have seen the large high pressure over the area break down as a strong cold front (the one which brought the storms and flooding to the Midwest) pushed through. I know that Georgia and North Carolina had quite a lot of storms over the weekend, but they do need a lot to catch up; many areas are more than 12 inches down on rainfall this year and farmers are really suffering.

Another strong cold front is forecast to drop down from Canada this week; in places like Memphis they desperately need it; temperatures have been round about 100oF for what seems like weeks!

Posted

I think the tape is on a loop!

That would probably be the Hancock Centre, the second tallest building in Chicago at 100 stories. It would be interesting to work in either of those buildings during an electrical storm like the ones they had here last week!

Hopefully it should start easing quite soon. The last couple of days have seen the large high pressure over the area break down as a strong cold front (the one which brought the storms and flooding to the Midwest) pushed through. I know that Georgia and North Carolina had quite a lot of storms over the weekend, but they do need a lot to catch up; many areas are more than 12 inches down on rainfall this year and farmers are really suffering.

Another strong cold front is forecast to drop down from Canada this week; in places like Memphis they desperately need it; temperatures have been round about 100oF for what seems like weeks!

yeah I was reading a blog from flordia and thier saying that a small tropical storm would help.