Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

White Christmas

hollisk

Posted
Ive seen odds of 6/1 on for a white christmas and thats nationally!

what do you think the chances are?

Havent a clue yet mate. Its to far away ...saying that christmas is ONLY 12 weeks away dare i say :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Hi Hollisk,

Welcome aboard.

The odds quoted are the usual for this far out.It`s certainly too soon to even hazard a forecasted sypnotic pattern for Christmas yet.

I guess as we approach December speculation will increase and members will post regarding chances of a white Christmas.

Anyway enjoy your time here.

Kind regards,Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

pure guess but i reckon Xmas 2007 will be warm and damp and windy with atlantic air at 11oC after all that is our most likely weather with our prevailing south-westerlies, the last 2 Xmases have been fairly cold with high pressure in charge, so more chance of a warm one

my great white Xmas www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/ra/2004/Rrea00120041225.gif

Posted

must be worth a flutter at them oods :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

The weather last xmas was crap, i hope its better this year,cold and frosty would do me fine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.
The weather last xmas was crap, i hope its better this year,cold and frosty would do me fine.

i agree with you there mate last xmas was dull drab and depreesing :rolleyes: thank god for alcohol. :)

Posted

But we need it to snow this christmas to boost our morale. Its never been so low. If not on christmas day either side of it, so it feels like christmas.

Posted
But we need it to snow this christmas to boost our morale. Its never been so low. If not on christmas day either side of it, so it feels like christmas.

hi kippure :) hope your well.

it would be nice to see snowfall by 21st dec and the cold spell with snow showers to last into january. :) now that would be ideal a perfect xmas set up. :(:):):rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
i agree with you there mate last xmas was dull drab and depreesing :rolleyes: thank god for alcohol. :)

It did not feel like xmas cos of the weather and it took away my xmas spirit. Hopefully this year will be alot better i think it will.

Posted
It did not feel like xmas cos of the weather and it took away my xmas spirit. Hopefully this year will be alot better i think it will.

yes sundog, i agree to a certain extent that cold and frosty would be a consoletion to dull and drab.but it would be brilliant for lying snow and cold persisting, :rolleyes:

Posted

Christmas day 2007 weather forecast

Overview

The TWO Christmas forecast is released in September and is then updated regularly until Christmas day.

Low chance of snow

Christmas 2007 forecast introduction

Welcome to our dedicated Christmas 2007 forecast page. This will update regularly during the run up to Christmas and will take into account the weather patterns which develop during the autumn.

Forecast headline

We currently think the probabilities favour average to mild conditions on Christmas day with any snow probably being restricted to higher ground in Scotland and possibly northern England.

Probabilities

Northern areas of the UK are considered to have a 15% chance of a white christmas.

Southern areas of the UK are considered to have a 15% chance of a white christmas.

Forecast issued

Update 1, 09/09/2007

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoplus/t...x?type=for_xmas

Edited by Stuart H

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Im hoping for some kind of Precipitation to fall on the 25th december , I have my winter forecast planned out all ready ,{ ive planned my forecast mainly on the Moon phases } has far has i can see at the moment there will be a full moon on the 24th December (xmas eve} now from the records i have gathered by myself and some research into this , ive noticed that there is rainfall just after the full moon , its far too early to suggest any kined of snowfall , but the signs are showing at least some kind of Precipitation

everyone may laugh at this , but i have been looking into this for some time now>

Nigel

Posted
hi kippure :) hope your well.

it would be nice to see snowfall by 21st dec and the cold spell with snow showers to last into january. :) now that would be ideal a perfect xmas set up. :):):):rolleyes:

Ideal :( Was passing through your town yesterday on the way home from donegal. Anywhere in the north west do best in cold north west setups ,most of the snow shower activity dies as it moves inland.

Its funny s when you think about but we in ireland have the best chances of huge snow falls due to battle zones accross our country. 1982 was a perfect example. A metre of level snow in the east and even bigger drifts.

Posted

I'll post an experimental forecast here just for fun, showing that the odds could be better than one in six, so yes have a flutter if you can afford it, at those odds.

Stormy 23-24 Dec with strong winds and a sharp downturn in temps likely, mixed rain and snow by the 25th, a fairly good chance of a semi-white Christmas just qualifying for the bet, at least in some of the cities, wouldn't take London but might consider the other cities on offer.

Posted

Its a pity we have to trek into the hills each year to find snow sundog. I base my own white christmas forecast on the patterns we see i september october and november. We had a cool northerly, north easterly during this last week, so i expect one at the end of october, november and december. Giving us a high probility of snow during the last week of december.

About 100/1. I do not think England will ever see a white Christmas again, by that I mean either snow falling & settling, or lying snow. A shame, I know, especially for the kids, but that is the way it is. My own guess is it will be dry, cloudy & mild with an anticyclone across Biscay & N. France with temps averaging 10C. In fact, I believe the whole winter will be dry, cloudy & mild, similiar to 1988/9, i.e. a half decent winter :yahoo:

Posted

Blimey, a few bah humbug poo pooer posts in here already, don't know why they bothered. Hopefully every chance of a white christmas, and I'm sure we wil see at least a few more before I drop off the planet, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Posted

Christmas "things" are appearing in the shops.

Will we have some Christmas smileys for the festive season? :yahoo:

Posted

I've got a feeling it'll be a cold one this year. Possibly the last cold Christmas of the decade. Not sure if it comes from the north, the east, or persistent high pressure, but my guess right now is seasonal for Christmas.