Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Calendars

Posted
Yes, there will be a calendar available this year.

Yay ;) Wow! super quick reply :whistling:

I forsee a NW Shop opening in the future.

• 1 year later...
Posted

Yes SFB - the final competition for this year's selection was held last week, and we now have the full set for a 2009 nw.tv calendar - announcements will follow :)

Posted
Yes SFB - the final competition for this year's selection was held last week, and we now have the full set for a 2009 nw.tv calendar - announcements will follow :D

Thank you my dear! I'll save me pennies ready ...

Posted

Would have been nice to have received one last year since my photo was in it. Sent my address several times by PM and email but never had a response.

Not so keen to post phots anymore if NW is going to profit without making good on their promises.

Posted

Sorry Filski, everyone else who had their shots included got one sent to them and I definitely would have sent your copy, they went recorded delivery too, so if you'd let me know sooner we could have tracked it / claimed back the postage and sent another one out to you..

I actually still have a copy of this years calendar here, so if you send me your address again I'll ensure you get that and will also include a copy of this year's one as a gesture of goodwill.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

The calendars won't be on general sale this year, we're doing a small print run with enough for the winners and internal use here at NW, but that's it I'm afraid.

Posted

I never got the one (last year I think?) with my photo of the Blackbird in the snow in it either - just for the record. Never heard any more about it, even tho' I asked, once the last pic for the calendar had been chosen. I just figured it hadn't been made after all.

Posted

It wasn't last year LadyPakal, as your photo definitely isn't in there and that was the first year we produced one. Perhaps you're thinking of the year before, we hoped to have a calendar made that year but for a variety of reasons this didn't happen.

Posted
I've heard...off the record....in the secret underworld of former weather site adminstrators, that this year, all the photos are going to be the right way up.
thats because there is no Australian edition this time

Posted
The calendars won't be on general sale this year, we're doing a small print run with enough for the winners and internal use here at NW, but that's it I'm afraid.

Not sell enough last year?

Posted

No, it's not really about that to be honest, last year was cool - in fact we very nearly sold out. It's just we're that busy with weather and website based items at the moment we just don't have the resources to arrange all the shipping etc for them, so decided this time round just to print a smaller amount for the winners etc.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Recieved my calendar today :-) Very pleased with it, thanks for taking the time and effort to produce it :D

• April showers, sunny spells and nippy nights

Another mixed, cool day with sunny spells and scattered showers. Passing low pressures will bring wind and rain as the nippy nights continue. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-04-16 07:15:52 Valid: 16/04/2024 0600 - 17/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - TUES 16 APRIL 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F

European weekend heat and a wild start to Monday for the UK

April temperature records were broken in many locations in Spain and France this weekend. Cooler air is on the way with a wet and wild Monday morning in the Midlands. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow