Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Vitamin D and sunshine

RedShift

Posted
The planets and sun formed from superheated plasma? Hmmmm.

Not superheated plasma but very cold gas and dust from the leftovers of a previous star. The Sun was formed when one clump of this gas became so large that it's gravity was strong enough to compress atoms at it's centre together, creating nuclear fusion.

Some of the organisms around these volcanic vents, completely without photosynthesis, aren't simple organisms. There are coral like creatures, shrimp like creatures, crabs. I wouldn't call them simple organisms, like amoebas.

As for vitamin D, I take multi-vitamins containing Vit D which should mean I'm ok. Also try to eat healthily generally and get good amounts of sun. Though I drink too much, lol.

Effectivley what I was saying Magpie...superheated plasma soon cools and coalesces into more solid matter as it is displaced from the strong gravity fields of larger clusters. All of this is conjecture anyway...NOBODY actually knows for certain how the sun or even the earth formed. But I would be very surprised if it wasnt initially a very hot affair. Just look at the periphery of the blackholes within our galaxy; the superheated gas around the peripheries are many times hotter than the centre of multitudes of suns.

I think there is a massive cap on what organisms can survive without water and sunlight. These creatures are very much at the edges of niche adaption. Not withstanding the serious food limitations without photosynthesis.

Edited by PersianPaladin