Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Less hurricane's since 2005!

Posted

Anyone noticed the dramatic fall in the number of hurricane's to hit America since the 2005 season? Which was as we all recall exceptionally bad! I can't remember many major one's last year and nothing that extreme so far this year. Correct me if I'm wrong!? :wallbash::unknw:

Posted

for a newcomer mate you don't half get about, but good for you so long as you are learning from others on here.

By the way, could you put your nearest town in so we all know where your reports will be coming from when you give us your local weather?

many thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
Anyone noticed the dramatic fall in the number of hurricane's to hit America since the 2005 season? Which was as we all recall exceptionally bad! I can't remember many major one's last year and nothing that extreme so far this year. Correct me if I'm wrong!? :D:)

Comparing 2005 to any other season is a bit futile really, that season was so extreme that of course there would be a fall in the number of hurricanes landfalling the USA in the following two years. This year one hurricane, three tropical storms and one tropical depression have made landfall in the USA which is probably about right for one season- you must remember that 2005 cannot be compared to any other season due to how extreme it was.

If you included Mexico and Caribbean landfalls then this season has been quite bad too- you only need to go back a couple months to remember Dean and Felix- two monster cat 5's that raged through the Caribbean and Mexico.

Overall, yes I have noticed a fall in USA landfalling systems since 2005 but this was entirely expected.

BTW, welcome to the forum. :)

Posted

I think Mr K.S is on about seasons before 2005 as well, if you look at the 2003 and 2004 seasons there were a lot of landfalling hurricanes that hit the U.S and many of those were major hurricanes like Charley and Jeanne.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
Overall, yes I have noticed a fall in USA landfalling systems since 2005 but this was entirely expected.

BTW, welcome to the forum. :lol:

Not by AGW Warmist camp, that should be a far more frequent occurence...yeah right. This hurricane season and last for that matter is a reality check. Perturbation cycle will have a say in the hurricanes.

bftp

• 2 months later...
Posted

Im a beginner and might be completely wrong but Ill share my thoughts. I might learn something in return aswell! lol

Yes fewer hurricanes in the N Atlantic since 2005. I think TC activity in tthis region is quite dependant upon the North Atlantic Oscillation and the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation. I havent really looked into how the indeces have changed in the recent couple of years though so Im not certain. But generally a +ve NAO indicates an increased number of TCs in this region. Same applies with the AMO. I wont go into too much detail but any thoughts??