Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Austrian Weather report

Posted
  • Location: 900m ,Mühlbach am Hochkönig, Austrian Alps, ( 45mins due south of Salzburg)
  • Location: 900m ,Mühlbach am Hochkönig, Austrian Alps, ( 45mins due south of Salzburg)

[Hi,

The last few days have seen temp below freezing all day and down to -7oC at night. The day temp are about -2oC. Went skiing for the first time with my boys to Flachau ( unfortunately my wife can't ski because she is pregnant!!). The conditions were perfect. There was only one lift open in our resort, but next week -end there willl be 6 lifts open so we will ski here then.

My only worry is the warm weather forecast for the middle of this week!!, but then it is meant to get colder again form Sunday onwards. Hopefully it be as warm as they think. The air is very cold here at the moment.

Here is the snow depth:-

altitude Valley Middle Summit

above sealevel 920 m 1500 m 1921 m

Snowdepth Trail 80 cm 110 cm 150 cm

Snowdepth Terrain 80 cm 110 cm 150 cm

Last snowfall 16.11.2007

Slope Condition bare

www.hochkoenig.at

Snow Report last update: 19.11.2007 um 8:28

Nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

[Hi,

The last few days have seen temp below freezing all day and down to -7oC at night. The day temp are about -2oC. Went skiing for the first time with my boys to Flachau ( unfortunately my wife can't ski because she is pregnant!!). The conditions were perfect. There was only one lift open in our resort, but next week -end there willl be 6 lifts open so we will ski here then.

My only worry is the warm weather forecast for the middle of this week!!, but then it is meant to get colder again form Sunday onwards. Hopefully it be as warm as they think. The air is very cold here at the moment.

Hi Nigel

It will take some energy to damage what you have got. The mild air won't be around long enough to cause any real impact and looks like another snowstorm and very cold air approaches for weekend onwards. Bold to say but one hell of a season seems already established.

regards

BFTP

Posted

Hi,

After several days of the snow melting in the village the temp is now -1.6 oC and its SNOWING very heavily. I went skiing at the weekend and the conditions were excellent even after the warmer spell last week. Although it never really got that warm on the mountain. You can see the snow falling on the web cam. Once the snow stops I will take some pictures.

Snowdepth Trail 70 cm 90 cm 130 cm

Snowdepth Terrain 70 cm 90 cm 130 cm

Last snowfall 26.11.2007

Nigel

Posted

Hi

The weather the last few nights have been cold down to -7 oC and daytime temp of about -2 oC although the sun has been warm. Current depth is :-

70cm in village and 150cm on the mountain.

It is now -1 oC and snowing. So much for the forecast which said rain!!!

Here are a few recent pictures:-

Picture045-1.jpg

Picture041-1.jpg

Picture042-1.jpg

Picture043-1.jpg

Picture044-1.jpg

This is my son is local dress for a play tomorrow!!

Picture039.jpg

Posted
Hi

The weather the last few nights have been cold down to -7 oC and daytime temp of about -2 oC although the sun has been warm. Current depth is :-

70cm in village and 150cm on the mountain.

It is now -1 oC and snowing. So much for the forecast which said rain!!!

Superb pics musicman!, they look exactly as I imagine Eastbourne will look early to mid January 2008.......

Posted

My sister in Hainburg an der Donau in eastern Austria (between Wien (vienna) and Bratislava (in Slovakia) ... a relatively low lying area of Austriahas reported two good downfalls of snow over the last few weeks. By the look of the photo's, and from her description of it being up past her ankles, I'd say probably about 6 inches of it for the first downfall. For Austria at least, I think it's going to be a cold one this winter.

Edited by crimsone

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi again,

The cold air has finally arrived it has below freezing all day and it is now -4 oC. It has been snowing on off for the last few days. But today the snow was shining -going skiing tomorrow and should be excellent conditions. ( we still have vacancies next week!!!)

Snowdepth Trail 70 cm 110 cm 165 cm

Snowdepth Terrain 70 cm 110 cm 165 cm

Last snowfall 14.12.2007

Slope Condition granulated

Here are some pictures from yesterday clearing the road outside the house:-

Picture007-3.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Nigel

Posted

wow what a scene, I'm sure your no vacancies sign will soon go up!

you don't seem to be doing much to help mate, if that is you watching?

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
you don't seem to be doing much to help mate, if that is you watching?

No its not me -thats the driver of the snow plough you can see further up the road. He had stuck trying to push that large lump of snow and had to call in the snow blower!!

Nigel

Posted

Hi,

The cold air is even colder now. Down to -10.4 oC at night and the highest it has been since Saturday is a warm -2.2!!!oC [ :p ]. Currently at 8.25 am it is -8.8oC. We have had no snow since Saturday and the level is still only 65 cm!! and 165cm on the mountain. The forecast is for slightly warmer on Friday to Sunday maybe 2 oC then snow from Monday but we will have to see.

What skiing at the weekend and the snow was perfect apart from the cold about -20 oC wind chill and -10 oC air temp.Plenty of powder and the sun did finally appear. Here are some photos of the ski area:-

DSCN3383.jpg

DSCN3376.jpg

DSCN3373.jpg

DSCN3371.jpg

DSCN3367.jpg

DSCN3366.jpg

DSCN3365.jpg

DSCN3353.jpg

DSCN3352.jpg

Here is my oldest son skiing this red run for the first time:-

th_DSCN3369.jpg

And me holding the camera as I ski down a run:-

Nigel

Posted

A stunning set of pictures and it makes me very jealous (mind you, I could travel out there!). Can you send just a little bit over to us Nigel?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Please keep them coming Musicman, as this is probably the only way I will get a snow fix this Winter.