Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports November 2007

pottyprof

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
yes it is a suprise and i just have the feeling amongst some on the boards that this maybe just the start of a very interesting winter.

post the pics for all to see that we in Bedfordshire get snow tooo :lol:

LO

I love surprises - just been up the road for some ciggies - (in my excitement I forgot to buy em )-; but here's some shots off my mobille to prove snow came to Luton!

Still snowing and settling.. 9pm - 162m ASL

Looks like I'll be lurking round the lampost till there's enough for a snow man (-:

Posted

Have had snow here now for a couple of hours or so now. Has settled everywhere, including my road (but its a cul-da-sac, so shouldnt have been hard).

Max 1cm in the best of places (shettled dry parts, such as fences), a nice dusting everywhere else (<=0.5cm).

Not much, but a pleasent surprise considering its been raining all day until the snow came.

Seems to be dying out now though, and has become light.

Edited by ChrisL

Posted

We have about 1 inch here now. Quite wet under the snow, but settling on everything. Moderate snow continuing. Not bad for 18th Nov!

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

Still snowings, heavy and settled all over!!!

Posted

We now have about 2cm on all surfaces inc roads, the snow is so heavy now that sky digital is no longer receiving a signal. This is such a surprise, its been snowing constantly now for about 3hrs. Still snowing heavy at 9.55pm.

Posted

Rain just got heavier here and has turned to sleet.

Gritters now out.. which seems encouraging.

Might get an hour or so of wet snowfall in the next few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Wow cant believe places are seeing this type of snowfall this early into winter! GREAT NEWS!

Posted

2007-11-18-Nuneaton.jpg

We've had a little bit of snow, here in Nuneaton :)

(and it's still snowing as I type this :lol: )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Average depth is 13cm here now and it's still snowing steadily. Temp' is -0.1 although it was down to -0.5c earlier this evening.

T.M

Posted
Average depth is 13cm here now and it's still snowing steadily. Temp' is -0.1 although it was down to -0.5c earlier this evening.

T.M

TM, from anyone - and I mean virtually anyone on here - bar you I think I would be recalibrating the new Telford scale. That is quite some depth for mid November, in any age, and even at elevation. Noting that it's been snowing in Leek pretty much all day I think you've bagged the epicentre today.

:lol: Fantastic hearing all these reports of snow, and really not too far away from here.Nothing here but drizzle now after about 2.5 inches of heavy rain today.Temp is around 2c and feeling rather bitter!

Please keep the pics coming so we can all join in. :)

?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
Rats ! All the pretty white stuff now gone and its boring old rain again. Still great fun while it lasted!

Lucky you SnowAngel! I wish that it had at least got it's act together for a few mins, but nothing except the odd wet flake mixed in during the heavier bursts.

Plenty more time yet to get a whiteout i guess.

Posted

Measured snow depth at 22:00 hrs yesterday was 11cm here but snow was very light and temp -0.1c

This morning the snow or rather slush depth is 5cm

Temp is now 3c and snow thawing very rapidly.

Posted

Max snow depth was at 03:30 this morning - 9cm. Snow turned to sleet shortly after and turned to rain at 06:00, temperature currently 2C and a thaw is setting in. Everywhere is still white, but roads are becoming a slushy mess. Great start to winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
TM, from anyone - and I mean virtually anyone on here - bar you I think I would be recalibrating the new Telford scale. That is quite some depth for mid November, in any age, and even at elevation. Noting that it's been snowing in Leek pretty much all day I think you've bagged the epicentre today.

LOL, yes I assure you, Stratos that the measurements were carefully made in the vertical plane, as opposed to the horizontal. We ended up with a maximum mean depth of 15.8cm around 0200, the mean taken from measurements in a dozen different places. Equally surprising was the rainfall total for yesterday of 35.5 mm, most of it melted snow.

It was the heaviest November snowfall here since the 19th in 1996 when there was 30 cm (29.9cm average to be precise)

T.M

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

It seems I was about 30 miles too far north !!! All we got here was steady sleet, with just the occasional burst of snow. Drove back from Manchester at 11.30 last night over Saddleworth and same story all the way, just very wet and not a cm of laying snow. Oh well, with any luck there'll be plenty more opportunities this winter !

Posted

LOL, yes I assure you, Stratos that the measurements were carefully made in the vertical plane, as opposed to the horizontal. We ended up with a maximum mean depth of 15.8cm around 0200, the mean taken from measurements in a dozen different places. Equally surprising was the rainfall total for yesterday of 35.5 mm, most of it melted snow.

It was the heaviest November snowfall here since the 19th in 1996 when there was 30 cm (29.9cm average to be precise)

T.M