Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports November 2007

pottyprof

Posted
Measured snow depth at 22:00 hrs yesterday was 11cm here but snow was very light and temp -0.1c

This morning the snow or rather slush depth is 5cm

Temp is now 3c and snow thawing very rapidly.

melted pretty quickly this morning was all but gone when I got to work, however, was 15 odd centimetres this morning. Not bad for November.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
No snow here, and I'm a proper northerner unlike Terminal Moraine who really lives in the midlands.

This is the terrible geographical burden I have to bear, OON but on the cheery and positive side, altitude is king.

2.5 cm of very wet snow remaining here, about 70% of the ground covered. 10 miles north at about 360m there's 5-6 cm and about 95% cover.

T.M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
It seems I was about 30 miles too far north !!! All we got here was steady sleet, with just the occasional burst of snow. Drove back from Manchester at 11.30 last night over Saddleworth and same story all the way, just very wet and not a cm of laying snow. Oh well, with any luck there'll be plenty more opportunities this winter !

Yep similar here just some very wet snow/sleet for a short while during the night, I went up to Holme Moss though and there was a couple of inches and just above Greenfield on Holmfirth road there was a dusting.

Edited by James M

Guest Shetland Coastie

Heavy snow showers off and on this morning, most recent one had a flash of lightning thrown in for good measure. getting colder all the time up here, currentlu just 1.9C, dewpoint 0.5C, wet bulb 1.5C

Posted

Its snowing lightly here, too wet to settle though. Quite a whiteout on the mountains behind my house. :):)

Absolutely chucking it down with snow now yipeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edited by Shadow

Posted

I didn't report on the event of snow on the 18/19th as i didn't have time but we had a covering here of about 5cm. Like others though it was gone within the blink of an eye. Still nice to see. Not the earliest I've ever experienced but nice non-the-less.

Looking forward to a good bug killing frost on friday night.

Posted

Scattered snow showers in Aberdeen this evening, with quite a fresh/strong wind. Nothing too impressive so far though...

Just checked outside though and we have a light snow shower which is lying.

Edited by Zerouali lives

Posted

Light snow showers here in the last ten minutes (kirton Lincolnshire).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Had a snow shower yesterday in cork at about 2pm. Turned to rain after about 2 minutes but twas still a nice surprise :(

Posted

woke up to the very finest of dustings this morning at 5.30am then i woke at 7.35 and although the temperature was 0.6c all the frost and snow had gone lol currently 3.2c out here not a cloud in the sky!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Sleety shower in Norwich at around 10am, but the rest of the showers produced just rain.

In Cleadon (Tyne & Wear) sleety flurries were reported, but nothing settled.

Posted

Clouding over here, frost is melting slightly, hopefully we`ll get some snow before the nights done as its to turn to rain.