Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

2.1C: Stormforce 10

3.1C: Barry

3.7C: Mam 500

3.8C: The Enforcer

4C: Fishdude

4.1C: Richarddx7

4.2C: Mufc

4.5C: Skwales

4.8C: Potent Gust

4.8C: Optimus Prime

4.9C: James M

5C: Memories of 63

5.1C: Plate

5.4C: Neforum 2

5.5C: Kold Weather

5.6C: The Pit

5.9C: Summer Blizzard

6.2C: Paul B

6.5C: Persian Paladin

8.8C: Craig Evans

9.2C: Eddie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

5.2C for me

looks like a mild start to the month. Maybe in can continue the trend of starting mild and ending cold, like the last few Months have.

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

I'll go for just above average at 5.8c if I may.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

6.3C please.

The zonal bandwagon is just starting to roll in, mild start a bit cooler week 3 then mild again.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I think its really hard to know what will happen during this december. But my best guess is that the atlantic will certainly wake up but may not have things all its own way and there could be some interesting battles between the atlantic and much colder air from the east,just a guess mind but we will see. I will go for the safer option for the cet with it coming in about average at 5.2c

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

If this is open to anyone then I would like to go for 4.7 please

This is one degree above solar min average since 1933 .... ie I plucked it from thin air!

Thanks

C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

December to me looks like starting off very mild with some mild south westerlies for the first two weeks, but about average or maybe just below at Christmas with a return of high pressure, with cold foggy nights bringing the CET down. I'm strongly expecting a change to much colder conditions between Christmas and New Year, really pulling it down to where it should be, or below. In all, my punt would be 5.1C, simply because of the mild start.

Posted

I know my November forecast didnt go as expected, but the cold weather i forecased for the end of Nov is sitting to the east and i feel that by this time next week it will be moving west towards the uk. Once we get stuck in this weather pattern with high to our North dragging in bitter Easterlies it takes a lot of shifting,this is the pattern i feel we will see for most of December.

My December C. E. T. ""3.8"" :):):):)

Posted

For those who might be struggling with the apparent change in pattern:

post-364-1196024233_thumb.png

The last 15 years rolling mean for December. Mild starts aren't unusual, and though amongst winter months it may seem to be the least cool by a margin, recent history suggests that there isn't much between the winter months any more.

Edited by Stratos Ferric

Posted

I would like to buy in at 5.5, based on more mild days than cold, sometimes very mild so any cold outbreaks around mid-month will probably create nothing more than a dent in what would otherwise be a 6 to 7 kind of month. Best chance for cold and snow, 8-11, best chance for strong winds, 23-25, that is likely to be a very mild period with a second low following to keep temps up through the Christmas period, any snow there more likely to come after the 28th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
I would like to buy in at 5.5, based on more mild days than cold, sometimes very mild so any cold outbreaks around mid-month will probably create nothing more than a dent in what would otherwise be a 6 to 7 kind of month. Best chance for cold and snow, 8-11, best chance for strong winds, 23-25, that is likely to be a very mild period with a second low following to keep temps up through the Christmas period, any snow there more likely to come after the 28th.

Big change from your early thoughts Roger...weren't you anticipating 4C?

BFTP

I will go for 6.0 becasue I think it will be 'mild' and and it's been a long time since we had a December CET with a 0 a the end of it. :D 1968 I think was the last December to end on a 0 at 3.0 on the Manley version. 176 on the HAdley series with 2.0, it 1.9 on the Manley.

Edited by Mike W

Posted

4.8c was were my pin landed :D

Posted

4.9c but it may end up lower but thats my punt,first week looks mobile atlantic with not exactly mild but coolish westerlies then after that it could get interesting, but there again it may not.