Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warmest winter day ever?

Potent Gust

Posted

Im not really sure what the warmest day is, but 4th February 2004 is more than likely a contender. The average for that day was 12.8C. The minima and maxima in the CET zone were 10.8C and 14.5C.

Posted

i can predict that over the next few days temperatures could top 15c although its 3.2c here at the moment

i know the clodest temperature ever recorded was minus 37.8c for england in 1970s

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

I dont know where u got that figure from but it is completely wrong. The coldest temperature ever recorded in the UK is -27.2 which was recorded in the mid 1990s in Scotland.

Posted
Hi Guys

Could anybody tell me the mildest temp ever recorded on a winter day in the UK?

Thanks

PG

19.7C was recorded at Greenwich on the 13th February 1998 and as far as I'm aware thats the highest maximum recorded during the winters months (Dec, Jan, Feb)

Im not really sure what the warmest day is, but 4th February 2004 is more than likely a contender. The average for that day was 12.8C. The minima and maxima in the CET zone were 10.8C and 14.5C.

12th December 1994 beats that by 0.1C for the mean with 12.9C, I think that is the highest CET mean for a winter's day in the records since 1772

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
19.7C was recorded at Greenwich on the 13th February 1998 and as far as I'm aware thats the highest maximum recorded during the winters months (Dec, Jan, Feb)

12th December 1994 beats that by 0.1C for the mean with 12.9C, I think that is the highest CET mean for a winter's day in the records since 1772

Thanks for the info guys. Interesting stuff. Again Mr Data your knowledge astounds me!

Posted

Wasn't there an early 2000s day when the Fohn affect at Braemar produced some truly remarkable warmth for winter?

Posted
Wasn't there an early 2000s day when the Fohn affect at Braemar produced some truly remarkable warmth for winter?

Ian, I think that the Fohn effect has on more than one day given January maxima of 18.3 in the eastern Highlands?

Somewhat nervously, is Mr Data correct in giving 13th February 1998 as the date when 19.7 was recorded at Greenwich? I had thought that it was 14th February?

regards

ACB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

it was saturday 14th february 1998 i had around 18oC and london 19.7oC, i think it was 26th jan 03 18oC at Aboyne

www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/ra/2003/Rrea00120030126.gif

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
Didn't Jan last year have a day which was about 13 by day and by night? Where does that figure?

Yes I remember that day as well.

Mr Data?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Probably not the warmest day but Christmas Day 2002 I recorded 15.7C.

Posted
Somewhat nervously, is Mr Data correct in giving 13th February 1998 as the date when 19.7 was recorded at Greenwich? I had thought that it was 14th February?

regards

ACB

Well I was right to be nervous in contradicting Mr Data: he was right. My apologies.

regards

ACB