Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 1st-14th January 2008

Guest megaweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Frequent light snow flurries here after a night of light showers - around 1cm of lying snow here - just been out for a quick drive into the Wolds - more on the tops - around 2-3cm with a some blowing snow up around Tetford and Somersby (for those who know The Wolds).

Posted

Light moderate snow (about 6-8 on the Stratos scale [10/visible distance in miles]) for half an hour here now, settling everywhere instantly to give a dusting so far. Surprised at how far E these showers are getting, and not impressed by the great blob in the N Sea with Stratosshire's name on it given that today is the only time this week I actually do have to go somewhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry
A light covering of snow which has fallen in the the last hour or so,currently it is fair with temperature 0.5c and 69% humidity.

started snowing in rural north Cardiff very slightly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

Woke up this morning to about 1cm of snow :D . The sky is clear now and the sun is coming up but the temp has plummeted to -3.1c :wallbash: !!

I'm scanning the Eastern horizon for snow clouds and there are some in the far distance, so maybe more to come.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Wasn't expecting any snow till this afternoon also it is our first snow here in Killamarsh North East Derbyshire this winter :wallbash:

Killamarsh is Near Sheffield by the way.

Posted

I am pleased to be able to report light snow from here in EAST DEVON! and im only at 26m asl. :wallbash:

been falling for the last 5-10 mins now.

that area of light ppn shown as rain coming into lime bay on the NW radar is actually snow :D

Posted

Its ben snowing quite heavily here for the last 15 minutes and a couple of minutes ago we had a clap of thunder which is rare for my area. The snow is covering all surfaces including the main road that was wet 20 minutes ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

An unexpected amout of snow fallen here in york this morning! Got about an inch and had some very heavy bursts. May post a video link lat on to make all you poor guys out west jealous!! Thinking about heading to northumbria later for a pub lunch and snow viewing! anyone recommend somewhere that does good steaks up there?!

Posted

Well we have thunder snow here just north of Newcastle

Its ben snowing quite heavily here for the last 15 minutes and a couple of minutes ago we had a clap of thunder which is rare for my area. The snow is covering all surfaces including the main road that was wet 20 minutes ago.

Good morning Mike, yep we are taking a pounding today it seems black skies

still towards the coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: autumn, winter, cold, sunny, snow, crisp

light graupel flurry here in the Isle of Man! wintry shower much earlier than expected from looking at Netweathers snow risk pages, wasnt predicated to arrive til after lunch. our met man are still erring on the side of caution and saying that there "might be" "may be" some light wintry showers but mostly dry. i suppose they're correct but the child in me says SNOW!!!!!!! DO MORE!!!! WANT SNOWMAN!!! WANT GO HOME BEFORE THE BLIZZARD!! (thats a good point as if it was to blizzard, which i doubt, the roads are dreadful and i live in Peel (west coast) and work in Douglas (east coast). its only a 20 minute journey on country roads but not always easy in the snow.

take it easy those of you with real snow, stay safe.

Posted

Still snowing here, and looks like we'll get a freezing day as well.

-0.3C, big fat feathery flakes, surprisingly little wind. Snow intensity only around 5 though, light moderate at most. Dusting verging on a light cover now, still only around 5mm.

Posted

Snowing in woodchurch kent, light and fine flakes!!! heres hopeing we get more!!