Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen
IGNORED

Rain Center

Posted

Hi

I have a rain center that looks like this http://www.dayweather.com/_graphics/images/largews9004.jpg

And just yesterday when it was rain heavy it didnt count the rainfall. I have done some tests with it and it didnt work so i cleaned it out just to see if there was a blockage but it was ok i checked the wiring and the connection they where wet the wind speed was wet but working ok i dried them and replaced the battery but still it isnt working. Any ideas why??

• Replies 3
    • Created
    • Last Reply
    Posted

On the cheaper models they seem to use very cheap reed switches, that dont last very long at all.

A way to test it is to remove the housing to gain access to the tipper, and tip it manually. You should here a click noise as it goes from side to side, if not then you need to get a new reed switch from say maplins.

Posted
    On the cheaper models they seem to use very cheap reed switches, that dont last very long at all.

A way to test it is to remove the housing to gain access to the tipper, and tip it manually. You should here a click noise as it goes from side to side, if not then you need to get a new reed switch from say maplins.

I have taken the housing off to get acces to the tipper and tipped it manually and i heard a clicking noise from side to side and still did not work so yes i might need to get a new reed switch thanks for your help but im going to get a new weather station on monday and use this just to record the wind speed somewhere else :cold:

Archived