Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rain Center

Hi

I have a rain center that looks like this http://www.dayweather.com/_graphics/images/largews9004.jpg

And just yesterday when it was rain heavy it didnt count the rainfall. I have done some tests with it and it didnt work so i cleaned it out just to see if there was a blockage but it was ok i checked the wiring and the connection they where wet the wind speed was wet but working ok i dried them and replaced the battery but still it isnt working. Any ideas why??

Posted

On the cheaper models they seem to use very cheap reed switches, that dont last very long at all.

A way to test it is to remove the housing to gain access to the tipper, and tip it manually. You should here a click noise as it goes from side to side, if not then you need to get a new reed switch from say maplins.

On the cheaper models they seem to use very cheap reed switches, that dont last very long at all.

A way to test it is to remove the housing to gain access to the tipper, and tip it manually. You should here a click noise as it goes from side to side, if not then you need to get a new reed switch from say maplins.

I have taken the housing off to get acces to the tipper and tipped it manually and i heard a clicking noise from side to side and still did not work so yes i might need to get a new reed switch thanks for your help but im going to get a new weather station on monday and use this just to record the wind speed somewhere else :cold: