Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

favioute hurricane of tropical storm of 07

Posted

my favioute has to be hurricane dean,

this was quote taken from an article.

Currently it’s 2:37am central time in the Yucatan Peninsula and many in the area are about to experience some of the worst weather conditions on the planet. Major Hurricane Dean is now just miles off the coast and heading straight for the Chetumal / Majahual, Mexico locations. Hurricane Dean is packing with of 160mph with higher gusts making him a category 5 storm. The latest recon data moments ago had a pressure reading of 909 MB…26.84 inches. This is a extremely dangerous hurricane and many are about to see the full force of a category 5 in the dark overnight hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Mine has to be Typhoon Hagibis- not particularly powerful, but a very interesting and rare track made it stand out.

track.gif

Vietnam landfall was nailed on until an unexpected shift in steering currents made Hagibis do a u-turn at the very last minute and it began to wonder back to where it started (and I mean wonder literally, a very slow mover this one). Was very interesting to watch.

Posted
I rember that one ;)

allmost like a lost drunk, try to find its way home ;)

LOL, nice metaphor. Sounds like me on the occasional* weekend.

*cough

Posted

Oh thats actually quite tough, I'd say its a flip between Humberto and Dean. Humberto wasn't amazingly strong but the way it bombed so close to the coast was pretty impressive,from a borderline tropical storm to a high end cat-1 in nearly the same day.

Dean for obvious reasons, in the top ten lowest pressures ever recorded and a powerful landfalling cat-5.

Posted

Yeah, Humberto was pretty amazing, I remember logging on expecting TD9 to be a moderate tropical storm and was very surprised to find it has bombed to a hurricane!

My 2nd favourite (after Hagibis) would have to be Cyclone Gonu- a very powerful and rare Arabian Sea storm which track is unprecedented. It was very odd to hear that a tropical cyclone was making landfall in a desert!

There were many interesting storms this year as they always are but Hagibis and Gonu are my top two (with Humberto, Dean and Felix (though the death toll puts me off this one) not far behind).

Posted

My favorite has to be Typhoon Man-Yi... It was pretty intense for a July typhoon.. i think the central pressure reached something like 930hPa? But anyways I was gettin bored :huh: of the UK weather and went back to Japan for the summer holidays, only to have typhoon Man-Yi come along and give me some exciting stuff!! hehehe :D

post-7988-1200185322_thumb.jpg

Posted
Cyclone Gonu- a very powerful and rare Arabian Sea storm which track is unprecedented. It was very odd to hear that a tropical cyclone was making landfall in a desert!

Ah yes I remember Gonu, I have to agree thats up there as one of my faves as well, was a very powerful system as well at its peak, cat-5 with estimated pressure at 920mbs, and the fact it made it to land as well stillas a tropical system despite the massive amounts of dry air about, amazing stuff...