Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Torrential rain in the UAE, Saudi and Kuwait shiver

Posted

Although we were drenched in many parts of the UK yesterday, I see more unusual weather hit an otherwise dry part of the world today LINK

'Rare torrential rains in the United Arab Emirates forced schools to close on Wednesday and created traffic nightmares in the desert country, while neighbouring Saudi Arabia and Kuwait shivered.'

Posted
wow. What is the weather pattern there and how is it so rare?

they do have rain there sometimes but really quite infrequently and the houses dont have heating. a colleague of mine went to dubai last year in november for a hol and had 4 days of rain out of 7 and it was only 20 degrees. so it does ocassionally happen . they also have had snow in the mountains in the northern emirates. its been about 16 or 17 degrees in abu dhabi and dubai during the days this week i think - cold for them as its usually 23 at least, even in winter. bit of relief for the UK expats though i guess, they are probably feeling homesick! after the cyclone in oman last year, they could be forgiven for wondering whats happening to the weather over there!

Posted
they do have rain there sometimes but really quite infrequently and the houses dont have heating. a colleague of mine went to dubai last year in november for a hol and had 4 days of rain out of 7 and it was only 20 degrees. so it does ocassionally happen . they also have had snow in the mountains in the northern emirates. its been about 16 or 17 degrees in abu dhabi and dubai during the days this week i think - cold for them as its usually 23 at least, even in winter. bit of relief for the UK expats though i guess, they are probably feeling homesick! after the cyclone in oman last year, they could be forgiven for wondering whats happening to the weather over there!

I was surprised to see the golfers & the gallery at the current Europen tour event in abu dhabi in shirtsleeves these last couplr of days. I thought it was "cold" over there! I suppose it's all relative :)

Posted
I was surprised to see the golfers & the gallery at the current Europen tour event in abu dhabi in shirtsleeves these last couplr of days. I thought it was "cold" over there! I suppose it's all relative :lol: