Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Oregon WMR100 problem

Posted

Hi everyone from wet and windy North Wales :D

After much deliberation I've bought an Oregon WMR100.

I've set it up and all functions work except the wind direction indicator which remains firmly at 12 o'clock and doesn't move. On the advice of Oregon I've removed all batteries and re-set everything twice to no avail.

I bought this system off ebay from Germany :D and before I start having to use babelfish to try and bridge the language barrier regarding return I wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

Oregon UK were helpful technically until I mentioned an ebay purchase when they suggested firstly that it's 'second hand' which it's not, secondly that it's a 'refurb' which it's not, and then wanted to pass the buck to Oregon USA.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Eric

Posted

Welcome to the forum Eric, I'm sure someone will be along soon with some experience of your weather station and hopefully the problems you're having :mellow:

• 10 months later...
Hi everyone from wet and windy North Wales :D

After much deliberation I've bought an Oregon WMR100.

I've set it up and all functions work except the wind direction indicator which remains firmly at 12 o'clock and doesn't move. On the advice of Oregon I've removed all batteries and re-set everything twice to no avail.

I bought this system off ebay from Germany :o and before I start having to use babelfish to try and bridge the language barrier regarding return I wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

Oregon UK were helpful technically until I mentioned an ebay purchase when they suggested firstly that it's 'second hand' which it's not, secondly that it's a 'refurb' which it's not, and then wanted to pass the buck to Oregon USA.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

I have a similar problem with myWMR100, all seems to work Ok apart from the wind speed ( direction ok), when it does indicate, it undereads, have you managed to find out anymore?

regards

Audio