Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Memories Of Winters Past

snowmackem

Posted

Hi all,

with all the talk of "the christmas pudding" and anybody over the age of 30 looking back with fond memories of winters past, (remember widespread snow and ice), I thought it would be a nice idea to create a forum for people to post personal highlights from the memory banks.

This should highlight the differences between current winters and those of the not-too-distant past.

Remember to post genuine memories of real events and not memories of second-hand accounts.

From a personal point of view I remember walking to school in the mornings constantly blowing through cold woollen gloves trying to warm my fingers and waking up regularly with a coating of ice on the inside of the bedroom windows ( I'm talking about the 1970's here).

I also vividly recall a couple of days in about 1987 when it was so cold that if you touched anything metallic for more than a couple of seconds your fingers stuck to it. At the same time I remember the moisture in the air freezing and filling the air with a cloud of ice crystals that were sparkling in the sunshine. That is the only time I have seen that and doubt I ever will again (short of vivsiting the South Pole ).

So there you go for starters, why not join in while we await the next exciting model developments.

Cheers, Karl

Hi all,

with all the talk of "the christmas pudding" and anybody over the age of 30 looking back with fond memories of winters past, (remember widespread snow and ice), I thought it would be a nice idea to create a forum for people to post personal highlights from the memory banks.

This should highlight the differences between current winters and those of the not-too-distant past.

Remember to post genuine memories of real events and not memories of second-hand accounts.

From a personal point of view I remember walking to school in the mornings constantly blowing through cold woollen gloves trying to warm my fingers and waking up regularly with a coating of ice on the inside of the bedroom windows ( I'm talking about the 1970's here).

I also vividly recall a couple of days in about 1987 when it was so cold that if you touched anything metallic for more than a couple of seconds your fingers stuck to it. At the same time I remember the moisture in the air freezing and filling the air with a cloud of ice crystals that were sparkling in the sunshine. That is the only time I have seen that and doubt I ever will again (short of vivsiting the South Pole ).

So there you go for starters, why not join in while we await the next exciting model developments.

Cheers, Karl

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...winter+memories

A lot of contributions already-- Enjoyable to read in a thread thats over 3 years old-

Im sure though with a plenty of new memeber we can use this new thread for some more winter thoughts & memories.........

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...winter+memories

A lot of contributions already-- Enjoyable to read in a thread thats over 3 years old-

Im sure though with a plenty of new memeber we can use this new thread for some more winter thoughts & memories.........

S

Thanks for the link Steve,I had forgotten all about the thread, it was great to read other people's memories-if Ledbury Lad reads this I will cheer him up by informing him that I am a few months older than him!