Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen
IGNORED

A Grand Day Out...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms, heatwaves, snow

Well, what a gruelling day today! Taking advantage of the excellent, almost spring-like weater today, me and James set off for a river (not sure of the name, sorry!) which was about 30 mins further than Peasholm Park. Lovely views, great wildlife, and some new species amongst the rocks made for a great day overall. Tiring though! We spent around 8 hours walking around today, phew! :shok:

River01.jpg

River02.jpg

River03.jpg

Some wildlife amongst the tall grass, weeds and brambles...(often zoomed in fully, hence any slight blurriness)

A heron

Heron.jpg

And a Roe Deer (we think)

Deer01.jpg

After some sound advice, I tried one of these cool water shots...(took me a few tries!)

Waterfall02.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then it was to the rockpools! Again some lovely views...

Rockpool01.jpg

Scarborough Castle view from the rocks...

Rockpool02.jpg

We found a new type of crab, the Broad-Clawed Porcelain Crab. Very difficult to see due to their texture and colour, they blend into rock crevises very well. They are only small, with this particular example having a carapace (body) diameter of about 1cm...

Broadclawedporcelaincrab01.jpg

Plenty of Long-Clawed Porcelain crabs about too, interestingly a lot more than what we find on Holbeck Beach closer to the uni...

Longclawedporcelaincrab01.jpg

We finally landed our lobster too! It was only a baby squat-lobster, but it's still a lobster. These examples were about 2cm in body length, and are possibly two different species of squat-lobster...

Squatlobster01.jpg

Squatlobster02.jpg

All in all, a good day! Hope you like the piccies, thanks for viewing and commenting as always :doh:

Shelby770 :)

• Replies 2
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Archived