Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Wintry Precipitation Reports - Early Feb

stumathers

Guest Shetland Coastie

Further heavy snow showers overnight and a hard frost, about 1 inch of lying snow here now. Current temp -2.6C. Wind now more westerly with further snow showers this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow
Snowing here again now. Bored of it.

Snow? What's that? As is normal - the only true mountainous area in England has no snow apart from a dusting on the tops - a very english effort i must say.

Posted

Less cold air now moving through my area with any showers turning more sleety.

A few more photos from earlier today.

post-2296-1201956139_thumb.jpg

post-2296-1201956189_thumb.jpg

post-2296-1201956251_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chrissy

Posted
Nae offence SF, but you would be the first to criticise anyone else for describing that pathetic snowflake as a "dumping" of snow. Indeed, it is very obvious that it is not a "dumping".

It is quite obviously simply a very, very slight dusting, if your usual measurement technique holds true.

You can't have it every which way you want it.

:D:D:D:D

I think you'll find I was being drole. More than most on here it seems I genuinely understand what a dumping is, what heavy snow is, and what a blizzard is. I think even I wouldn't be so stupid as to claim a "dumping" (and mean it) then post pictures through which the fairly short grass on my lawn is clearly visible.

I did sense he was being sarcastic in his defence, when he mentioned the RAF helicopter!! but then again, if he's being truthful........ lol

Yes, that rather flagged my intent I think. It's pleasing to note that the subtleties aren't wasted on everyone. More to the point, I'm fairly sure that RAF search and rescue dispensed with the Sea Kings years ago - though I may be wrong (in which case I don't envy the pilots flying machines that are now well beyond design life - with or without expert maintenance).

Heavy snow showers since yesterday evening, and blizzard conditions this morning, now easing off, taken some pics for your pleasure, but will be posting more in the photography section. Temp is currently 0oC

Slightly more over your way than there has been here. We've had snow showers on and off all morning, though it's raining down in Chavley, though recently it's been more pellets and ice grains than out and out snow. Perhaps 2cm lying now, though temperature up to 4C, dropping to 3C or so in the showers - fairly warm for snow by my experience.

Snow still lying above around 500'.

Edited by Stratos Ferric

Posted

Snow shower here in town at 1pm-ish, as I was making my egg & bacon butties :(

Posted
  • Location: Brue 30m amsl, West Coast, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides
  • Location: Brue 30m amsl, West Coast, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides

10 cm of lying snow here on West of the Isle of Lewis with occasional snow showers throughout the day.

Temp never got above -1 C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!

We had snoooowww!!!@! central manchester was covered this morning...

picked myself up off the floor at last, having been for a jolly quick skidaddle with the we'uns and even managed t make a tiny snowman, before it melted. None since about 12 noon but boy, what a wonderful thing to have them all waking me up shouting their heads off this morning. (..well, ok, mixed feelings about that bit. It was about half six... :( )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Heavy snow here in tipperary at around 9:50am. Started off with light rain and a temp of around 8C then within 15 minutes it dropped to 3.4C and snow was building up on the cars and on the grass. Has turned back to sleet now and the snow is slowly melting but thats 4 days in a row with some bit of snow cover now :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A bit late- but wet snow on the evening of the 1st in Norwich, when for about a 2-hour window, the snow was heavy, and temperatures low, enough to enable the snow to settle to 2cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Short but heavy shower of sleet between midday and 1300, all cleared away and it's now sunny.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Sennybridge reporting heavy snow-perhaps its actually hail though with a temperature of 3c:

Snow Sennybridge