Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

March CET

phil nw.

Posted

7.7 for me, looking for a few rather cold days here and there but also a big warm-up after the 20th which may involve some real spring heat as the month ends. So this 7.7 might evolve out of a general 6'ish CET up to the 20th. Might even snow once in that mid-month cold spell. So quite a mixed bag of weather, typical for March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

6.6c for me please.

Posted

5.9 for me for March please. Looking pretty much a west to north west flow as things stand. Colder than Jan and Feb (by day anyway)?

Thanks,

Moose

PS Did I miss the coldest nights of the winter ( for the south) last week while I have been in the Alps?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I relaise that some of you are punting very low (around 2C below average), however i am not sure where your faith is coming from, aside from a few ramps on the model thread, personally, i'm actually considering revising my prediction upward, to between 7.7C and 8.3C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Cool and wet start before pressure rises from the southwest giving a warm and sunny end to March with temperatures approaching 20C. The last week of march will be very Spring-like.

7.9C

Posted

The La Nina Marches of 1975 and 1976 were 4.8C. Global warming and higher SSTs have added nearly 1C on those values since then so I'll go for 5.6C as my punt.

Posted

March can be a wintry month, and in this year without a winter I very much hope that it will be, but realistically I think I will go for a mild 7.2C please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

6.9C for me. Some coolish and changeable weather but no extended cold or frequent frosts so very slightly above average.

ps No real heat either though.

Posted
The La Nina Marches of 1975 and 1976 were 4.8C. Global warming and higher SSTs have added nearly 1C on those values since then so I'll go for 5.6C as my punt.

I'll take a cold March if it leads to a summer like 1976! And I remember March 2006 was pretty cold and look what that summer produced. I doubt there is any correlation but it's interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

In keeping with the La Nina theme I will go for 6.4C. This will also ( if verified ) be the eleventh consecutive month where the monthly CET falls below its corresponding number in the previous year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

A little above average at 6.9c

Posted

Im sticking with the value in my annual forecast.

I expect an Atlantic based mild and wet month though turning more anticyclonic by the end.

7.5C

Posted

I'm going to have to raise my CET, I think I will raise it upto 7.1C, so above average but still not stupidly above. Fist 3-5 days do look a little on the cool side but the models are suggesting the atlantic to come back after that which willno doubt raise the CET somewhat again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Reasonably average temps for early part of the month getting colder as we approach midmonth cold spell. There could be warmth for the last week or so but will it get scuppered like last weekend which shiowed much promise with +5c 850s very near by but it stayed rather chilly. In view of that it will be enough for a below average month so

5.7c

BFTP

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST