Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The NO Thread

Posted

Totally agree to all above

I would also ask for cold snap to be "cold sn" as using the "ap" is a grave injustice to what we actually experience.

As for cold blast now should be known as "cold blah" because that is as much sense as it makes.

Mind you my old grandma used to say about the winters of old in Yorkshire where she would regulary wake up to find 8 inches in her back passsage.

Posted

:doh:

Totally agree to all above

I would also ask for cold snap to be "cold sn" as using the "ap" is a grave injustice to what we actually experience.

As for cold blast now should be known as "cold blah" because that is as much sense as it makes.

Mind you my old grandma used to say about the winters of old in Yorkshire where she would regulary wake up to find 8 inches in her back passsage.

Posted
Significant fall of 'No' here in Bexleyheath, it started around 8 Pm last night when Clouds dispersed leaving the sky ready for heavy falls of no-

At one stage the no was so heavy it reminded me of last winters no-

Knee deep in no here...

S

I bet the no is drifting in Abingdon then. They'll be buried in the stuff.

Posted

I stayed up all night and was pleased with the lashings of NO we got in Eastbourne. The lamppost outside our bedroom window looked beautiful in the evening light as NO fell all around. This morning there was a thick blanket of NO on the ground and I had to dig the car out of a NO drift just to get started.

As expected, the county has not ground to a halt, NO has not caused chaos on the roads with many country roads completely not closed because of blowing NO and blizzards of NO in low lying places.

Luckily major routes are passable without care as the council get Operation NO,NO,NO underway. NO ploughs have ensured that the main A27 and A23 are flowing well although police advise taking an emergency NO survival kit with you on all journeys during these un-hazardous times.

Drivers of 4x4's and large MPV's are being requested to take children to school, hang around the no parking zones and block sideroads whilst the present NO storm is underway.

The army are not on standby with tracked military vehicles at the ready to rescue any drivers caught out by the biggest NO storm in living memory. Householders are reminded to check on elderly and infirm neighbours and clear all paths of even the lightest NO.

Posted

Hefty Fall of "No" here last night, now Bright Blue Skies which is making the "No" look beautiful in the back garden.

I now firmly believe we will go through the whole winter/Spring without any "No" to speak of.

Paul S

I stayed up all night and was pleased with the lashings of NO we got in Eastbourne. The lamppost outside our bedroom window looked beautiful in the evening light as NO fell all around. This morning there was a thick blanket of NO on the ground and I had to dig the car out of a NO drift just to get started.

As expected, the county has not ground to a halt, NO has not caused chaos on the roads with many country roads completely not closed because of blowing NO and blizzards of NO in low lying places.

Luckily major routes are passable without care as the council get Operation NO,NO,NO underway. NO ploughs have ensured that the main A27 and A23 are flowing well although police advise taking an emergency NO survival kit with you on all journeys during these un-hazardous times.

Drivers of 4x4's and large MPV's are being requested to take children to school, hang around the no parking zones and block sideroads whilst the present NO storm is underway.

The army are not on standby with tracked military vehicles at the ready to rescue any drivers caught out by the biggest NO storm in living memory. Householders are reminded to check on elderly and infirm neighbours and clear all paths of even the lightest NO.

Brilliant :lol:

I was going to post about being NOed in but that would be pale in comparison to the array of problems you came across as a result of the NOfalls.

Posted

Monsterous looking showers dodging here by a few miles west AS USUAL :lol:

For goodness sake can this cold spell get any more ridiculous

Posted

Had the best NO i can remember here yestarday. it actually stopped NOing for a while when i was in a maths test but the NO was falling heavily again by the time i even got to look out side :doh:

the NO last night was so torrential for a while last night that you could even hear it hammering on the roof! (or in my head!) you sometimes get that with rain but not with NO!!!! even when the NW radar said the NO should have stopped it continued falling heavily. NO still falling today which brought the temp up to 9.2C! heavy NO also brought the temp up to 8.9C yesterday before the brief lul in the NO let the temp drop to 1.9C Very NO filled skies continuing across the country today providing excellent driving conditions...

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

Didn't have any lying snow today but had to make do with an afternoon of frequent snow showers.

They turned to rain of course, as they do, as night and the temperature fell low enough for it to build up. :doh: