IGNORED

lightning trigger

dogs32

Posted

Does anyone own a Lightning trigger on here?

i finally have one with a canon xti.....just wondering what settings you use for best results.....espeacially daytime....

I ve been playing around with M and Tv settings on a plasma light with good results....any tips if you own one

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted

Not specifically for lightning (photoelectric) triggers, but some great pointers for taking photos of lightning on Michael Baths interesting site here:

www.lightningphotography.com

Hope it helps, I'm learning too!

Posted
Not specifically for lightning (photoelectric) triggers, but some great pointers for taking photos of lightning on Michael Baths interesting site here:

www.lightningphotography.com

Hope it helps, I'm learning too!

thanks Coast.....yea good site...but Im looking for anyone else out there whos got a lightning trigger......I just got it over the weekend after ordering it from the states back in December!!!!!!!...

I would like to get it right first time if I can as we dont get many storms in the boring Uk...

Tested it on a Plasma light that flickered on and off with good results.But looking for anyone who had first hand use out of them in a real storm....I know its a long shot!!!!

Anyone in the States out there with one???

As they are more popular there

Posted

Do you mean the Cable Release Pat ??

I have one of those and it works fantastically Well!!

Posted

yes :):):D:) you have one

ps Paul youve exposed my real name lol

what setting do you use it on...day light...is it the same setting as for night......as I know it sorts the meter out automaticly

I thought it would only be the americans with them :)

Is it TV setting you use Paul with it for best results..

Paul to make sure we are on to the same thing.....its here http://lightningtrigger.com/

Paul I have the release cable also...plus infra red remote...now I have this lightning trigger....Thinking of next years Tornadoes storms ect.....This year I can get good at taking pics...then Tornadoe Valley watch out!!!

Posted

Night-Time shots are best with it on me 350D

I set it to F8 for Lightning bolts that are in the 3-5 Mile Range and it exposes them from a Manual Setting (Set the Camera Setting to "M")

Had a few bolts land in the 1/2 Mile to 2 Mile range and you want a High F Stop on these, have caught a few on F18-F22.

When the Storm is Distant you need a low F Number, my lowest on my 18-55mm Lens is about F3.5, but have bought a new 10-22mm Lense and will have a practise this year in the USA.

Daytime with the Cable Release is a No-No as far as I have found, your best bet is Sport Mode with continous shooting with an active Storm on Auto Focus. But Daytime Lightning Photography is like winning the Lottery

Paul S

**Just seen your Edit And no this is not the same thing :D Although I am Very Interested in that Now :)

Posted

cheers Paul I will print that out as I know you have first hand experience on this sort of thing...Sport mode thats got to be TV....the icon of a Bicycle...

Cheers mate...realy cant wait for all the storm chase pics...Realy hope you get some seroiuse stuff..good luck

lol...just seen you r post edit.....worth getting Paul.....Testing it on a Plasma Ball....caught every part of the plasma bolts...harder to figure how to use in daylight...Word of caution....they have a long waiting list...expect anything from 6 weeks to 3 months......Mine was held up in customs for ages before I could have it.....so in fairness 6 weeks to 8 weeks

Archived