Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Where to go?

Hope this is the right forum.

Every year I go on a snowhunt in febuary, this year it was tallinn and was a disaster. Speaking to locals i was informed this winter has been the mildest they have ever known, the tempreture was around 4 degrees all week and it rained B) last year I went up to the scottish highlands, the weather was sunny and warm B) the year before I went to oslo which was cold and sunny, again no snow.

Next febuary I am going over the pond. I am currently thinking Montreal/quebec as they have lots of percipitation and it's generally below freezing, what do you experts think?? I don't want to go to a ski resort in the mountains, I want to see snow settling on roads and pavements, something I haven't seen for too long. So am I picking well or should I try around the chicago area???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms
Hope this is the right forum.

Every year I go on a snowhunt in febuary, this year it was tallinn and was a disaster. Speaking to locals i was informed this winter has been the mildest they have ever known, the tempreture was around 4 degrees all week and it rained :wallbash: last year I went up to the scottish highlands, the weather was sunny and warm :wallbash: the year before I went to oslo which was cold and sunny, again no snow.

Next febuary I am going over the pond. I am currently thinking Montreal/quebec as they have lots of percipitation and it's generally below freezing, what do you experts think?? I don't want to go to a ski resort in the mountains, I want to see snow settling on roads and pavements, something I haven't seen for too long. So am I picking well or should I try around the chicago area???

Try going to Churchill in Manitoba - you'll get plenty of snow there from October thru to March. Was there last October and it hasn't stopped snowing since! Downside it's usually about -50 including windchill inFebruary