Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Seas of Scarborough

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

The sea will probably be better tomorrow when it's been fully churned up.

The sea was a fair way out but the strong wind made sure waves came a fair way in so I had to use a zoom lens and watch my feet. IN the afternoon it rained of course so no photo's

post-2404-1206123342_thumb.jpg

post-2404-1206123355_thumb.jpg

post-2404-1206123367_thumb.jpg

post-2404-1206123383_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I don't think the surfer is actually having that much fun :lol: The spray off of the waves is great :)

Russ

Posted

Feel sorry for the fella in the 2nd pic and he's lost his board. Mind you i know how hard it is when i went down to Newquay in the Summer and after 5 days coaching-still couldn't stand up. The wave behind illustrates just how strong the wind was with the spray. Very well done

Got there first rusty nailer with the sea spray-still, great minds think alike i suppose......! :lol:

Edited by Albion Snowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

The Fella didn't like his picture being taken. Giving me quite a dirty look on one photo as he walks off. One of the advantages of having a good zoom is that some grumpy people don't think they're being photographed.

Posted
The Fella didn't like his picture being taken. Giving me quite a dirty look on one photo as he walks off. One of the advantages of having a good zoom is that some grumpy people don't think they're being photographed.

;)

thats possibly the funniest thing I have read!

I love you're pics mate im a massive fan of wave pics and you've captured them very well especially the spray great work :)

• European State of the Climate 2023 - Widespread flooding and severe heatwaves

The annual ESOTC is a key evidence report about European climate and past weather. High temperatures, heatwaves, wildfires, torrential rain and flooding, data and insight from 2023, Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Chilly with an increasing risk of frost

Once Monday's band of rain fades, the next few days will be drier. However, it will feel cool, even cold, in the breeze or under gloomy skies, with an increasing risk of frost. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dubai Floods: Another Warning Sign for Desert Regions?

The flooding in the Middle East desert city of Dubai earlier in the week followed record-breaking rainfall. It doesn't rain very often here like other desert areas, but like the deadly floods in Libya last year showed, these rain events are likely becoming more extreme due to global warming. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 2