Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Peak District ramble saturday 220308

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Good morning all :)

Just thought I'd share with you a variety of scenic & cloud pictures taken yesterday whilst hill walking with my family on the Penine Way towards Snake Pass to the south east of Glossop. It was a truely breathtaking walk, with plenty of lovely Cb shower clouds. We luckily missed most of them but did get one heavy snow/grauple shower whilst at 1963ft asl.....

I used a bog standard Samsung L830, but used a variety of different shooting modes for experimentation...A few of the photo's have been run through Picasa2 just to tweak the contrasts to give them a more 3-dimensional feel, but the majority were as they were taken....

Being still a relative newbie with photography I would welcome any tips and advice for the more seasoned photographers to hone my skills :)

Btw, the dodgy looking mug posing in the last photo is me!...Sorry for polluting my image on the forum! :good: :lol:

12-110.jpg

13-110.jpg

14-110.jpg

16-110.jpg

17-110.jpg

20-110.jpg

22-110.jpg

26-110.jpg

25-110.jpg

5-110.jpg

7-110.jpg

24-110.jpg

Posted

lovely photos and yes I would think there is rather more snow around there today.

Posted

Top pics and brings back memories of the 70 odd walks i have done before i had kids !!!!

Posted

Kinder Scout overlooking Kinder res then, great pictures and a fine place to get some groundwork in for tackling more challenging terrain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Kinder Scout overlooking Kinder res then, great pictures and a fine place to get some groundwork in for tackling more challenging terrain.

Oooh, I'm not so sure about more challenging terrain?...my poor legs still ache!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Great pictures there, especially of the showerclouds. Lovely landscape.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Great cloudscapes and landscapes there, I really like the second from last shot, you've caught the curtain of hail (?) very well. Nicely captured icicles too.