Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Some nice 'Summer type' convection this afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A real day of contrasts here in Penkridge....Miserable, wet and cold this morning, then as the front passed through the temp shot up to 13.5C in no time allowing for some marvelous rapid convection..I've captured some maturing Cumulus Congestus and Cumulo-nimbus in these pics. They dropped a huge deluge of rain/sleet with the temp dropping to just 6C within the shower

cloud111.jpg

cloud211.jpg

cloud311.jpg

cloud411.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Fantastic clouds - very summer-like. This is the type of British weather that I like: sunshine, showers, wind and always changeable. Of course, warm sunshine is always nicer but I won't be complaining if it's bright and showery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yeah same here 6 miles to the north, those created a hail shower then sadly other showers just pure rain, my temp not 13.5oC, mine only reached 9.2oC

Posted

got a couple of pics myself AJ not as good as yours mind, I was out to capture that pesky woodpecker so had zoom lens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

cheers for the comments guys and galls...much appreciated :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Great shots there AJ, looking forward to some storms, and of course the stunning skies that often come with them, this Summer. It's been distictly less showery here so unfortunately I haven't seen skies like that for a while. Well done.

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted

Very nice photos, yesterday did feel a little more like late Spring with the convection sparking off along the cold front with some slight cape present as well, didn't feel like summer underneath those cells I can promise you though!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The problem is that March has been very showery but there have been mainly messy showery days with lots of low cloud between them. Nice shots there, the best views of cu-nimbs are on days like these.