Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

lovely spring day on lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Very beautiful pictures, it's a shame that it was a little bit hazy, otherwise we could have seen the mountains a bit clearer. You can sort that easy enough of photoshop, but if you like keeping your photos au naturale then maybe not haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Some nice photos there Cookie- looks a little hazy though, perhaps ahead of the low pressure for tomorrow. The snow capped mountains are nicely captured. Certainly is a beautiful day out there, feels very warm here with unbroken sunshine and slack winds. Shame it can't last!

Posted
Very beautiful pictures, it's a shame that it was a little bit hazy, otherwise we could have seen the mountains a bit clearer. You can sort that easy enough of photoshop, but if you like keeping your photos au naturale then maybe not haha.

I like keeping them natural.

maybe its my camera making them look hazy?

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
I like keeping them natural.

maybe its my camera making them look hazy?

They are fantastic photos, particularly nos. 1 and 2. I like them hazy - and it won't be your camera, it will be the weather. Photo no.1 looks like the air shimmering in the sunshine rather than mist; the rest is the atmosphere. Try after rain when it will be much clearer, even if it's cloudy - the difference is immense.

I've taken countless photos of "beautiful views" in the Alps only to find that the mountains are barely visible on camera:

post-5260-1206642625_thumb.jpg

On a cloudy but (atmospherically) clear day, I dug out these:

post-5260-1206642990_thumb.jpg

post-5260-1206643094_thumb.jpg

In short, cloudy weather is often the best, and it takes exceptionally superb sunny weather for clear photos IMO. If there was one thing I would do to your pics, I would straighten photo 2 using software; it takes about 2 minutes and they look the same - it just chops of the very edges and tilts the horizon to the horizontal. :) Hope this helps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Hi cookie.

The distant mountains in the haze are pleasing to the eye, sometimes it works to have a hazy view as it does here. For instance, I bet the full size, first picture shows the suns heat haze quite well, which is usually interesting to photograph in its own right :)

Regarding chimney pots, do you know as I have traveled around the UK over the years I have photographed 100s :) They are sometimes beautiful subjects IMO, which sometimes has our holiday car grinding to a halt and me exiting with a camera just to photograph a chimney pot :) , or sitting at a café supping a coffee and using a zoom lens on the area, eg:- post-4726-1206663341_thumb.jpg Taken at Keswick in the Lake district on holiday last June supping the aforementioned coffee snapping away at the bustling town :)

Regards,

Russ

Posted
Hi cookie.

The distant mountains in the haze are pleasing to the eye, sometimes it works to have a hazy view as it does here. For instance, I bet the full size, first picture shows the suns heat haze quite well, which is usually interesting to photograph in its own right :)

Regarding chimney pots, do you know as I have traveled around the UK over the years I have photographed 100s :) They are sometimes beautiful subjects IMO, which sometimes has our holiday car grinding to a halt and me exiting with a camera just to photograph a chimney pot :o , or sitting at a café supping a coffee and using a zoom lens on the area, eg:- Taken at Keswick in the Lake district on holiday last June supping the aforementioned coffee snapping away at the bustling town :)

Regards,

Russ

cool I didn't know that. thanks for what you should about the haze. got more mountine images which I will post up tomorrow hopefully!