Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow on the way? April 5th onwards cold snap

Posted

After just hearing that there is possibly snow on the way for some parts of the UK this coming weekend, which seems wierd with temperatures on the rise & expected to make 18oC in some parts! Anybody know where the snow is most likely etc. I did say after the last Easter wintry spell that I had a feeling cold snowy weather would return......and Ive been having withdrawl symptoms of cold ramping and staying up all night waiting for wintry weather to arrive......bring it on...... Your thoughts please... :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Highland, Grampian, Tayside and Fife: the places to be for snow this weekend. That is what the models are saying at the moment. I'm praying for the cold weather to become a little more intense and a little more widespread (although the cold weather will indeed make it quite a lot further south, past the Pennines perhaps).

The metoffice have a warning out, should be referred to!

Posted
Well that looks pretty promising.......fingers crossed! :help:

and i was thinking our julie on bbc look east was doing an april fool!!!

Posted

from met office

UK regions:

Grampian

Highlands & Eilean Siar

Heavy Snow & Drifting Snow Sat 5 Apr

There is a moderate risk of a severe event affecting parts of northern Scotland. Strong, and increasingly cold northerly winds are expected to bring an increasing risk of snow showers. These are likely to bring 2 to 5cms generally, and as much as 10cms to high ground, where drifting is possible in the strong winds, especially later in the day.

Issued at: 1042 Tue 1 Apr

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
is there any chance of lying snow for me? :rolleyes:

I dont think we will see much snow over here imo. I think it will be a repeat of what happened at easter,with britain getting the snow and us getting jack <_<

Posted

maybe,well i was away at easter anyway,did they get anything in the north of ireland? :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
maybe,well i was away at easter anyway,did they get anything in the north of ireland? :rolleyes:

Im not too sure but i dont think so.

Posted

taken from metcheck

WARNING.jpg

Red: high risk.

Gold: moderate risk

Blue: low risk

Weather Warning

A Metcheck Weather Watch/Warning has been issued for parts of the UK.

Please use the map on the right to view the affected areas. The full advisory is available below.

Issued

03 April : 11:56:14 AM

Valid Until

07 April : 06:00:14 AM

Area Risk

High Risk

Moderate Risk

Low Risk

No Risk

Weather Related Advert

Adverse Weather?

Check Keepmoving.co.uk for the latest traffic information.

Forecasters Warning

Wintry Conditions

Areas Affected: Scotland, Northern England & Northern Ireland

An area of low pressure will sink southwards across the UK during Friday, behind this increasingly colder conditions will begin to filter southwards across all parts of the country.

Parts of Scotland, especially northern and eastern Scotland along with central and eastern parts of Northern England will be at risk of snow by Saturday and into Sunday. Some accumulations are possible, especially above 200m, any settling snow at lower levels will be temporary. Some snow is expected across Northern Ireland as well.

Frosts will return by night, some of which will be moderate and there will be a significant wind-chill especially across northern Britain.

This early Severe Weather Watch will be updated or upgraded by 12pm Fri 4th April 08.

---END---

Edited by cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

blue is rain but of course the whole of the PPN chance wedge cannot be surrounded by rain, it defeats physics. So I imagine like Cookie says chance is a better way of looking at it.

Posted
blue is rain but of course the whole of the PPN chance wedge cannot be surrounded by rain, it defeats physics. So I imagine like Cookie says chance is a better way of looking at it.

sorry I thought she was meaning the metcheck warning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
sorry I thought she was meaning the metcheck warning!

eeek I thought you were referring to the PPN chart % above.

Sorry :) easy mistake to make (I think)

Posted

Oh that will bring back memories of Easter Saturday night into Sunday, think half of netweather was awake and online that night, it was pretty exciting......although knackering! Whens the next cold spell after this one then? hehe :)

Posted
is there any chance of lying snow for me? :)

Yes, big chance, looks pretty good for the Northern part of Ireland atm as far south as maybe the Wicklow mountains.

Posted
Yes, big chance, looks pretty good for the Northern part of Ireland atm as far south as maybe the Wicklow mountains.

I hope you,s get a good dumping, Ive got loads of the stuff, might export if the price is right.....

Posted

Weather warning issued by Met Office.....

Heavy Snow Tue 8 Apr

There is a moderate risk of a severe event affecting parts of southeast England. Wintry showers may merge into some longer periods of sleet or snow, especially early in the day. Temporary accumulations of 2 to 5cms are likely locally, especially over hills.

Issued at: 0141 Fri 4 Apr

UK regions:

East of England

London & South East England

Hmmmmm, fingers crossed!!!

Edited by spayne

Posted

*sigh*

I'm in the high risk area but doesn't anyone agree that some consistent milder weather would be better?

I like the weather to remain seasonal, and while I enjoyed the snow we got during Easter - I think it would have been a nice way to end the winter.

Posted

I remember when i lived in the Isle of Man and was doing my duke of edinburgh gold award practice walk around north barule in the mid/late 90's. It started quite nicely and the first day was fine. Woke up the next day to 4inches of snow around our tent. Then our walk that day was in blizzard conditions and driving snow. It was over 8 inches thick by lunchtime and i tried eating a marsbar from my rucksack and cracked a tooth as it was frozen solid. I had to hold a snowball to my tooth as it was bleeding quite a bit. Then a few of us slid down a frozen waterfall on decending the Laxey valley and i completely crushed my mass tin in my rucksack as it broke my fall. We camped that night but i had to limp down to the camp site as i had a huge bruise on my back. I loved it as it was so unexpected. The rest of the practice was abandoned. Oh the days....... hehe

Edited by willinkent

Posted

The local TV and radio are talking about wintry showers for us - shouldn't that be springy showers now? :)