Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

time lapse clouds

Posted

This consist of 1,650 pictures over two days.

This is my first attempt of trial and error..I hope the next lot to be better..

the next lot will be a storm i hope..

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I'm impressed well done DOGS!

Posted

Well done you! that's great! something I keep meaning to try but never getting round to doing.

how often were you taking pics, every couple of mins? and did you doing it manually ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
:) That was great. Youtube only uses low definition video, did you take the pictures with a digital camera? If so I bet its amazing watching the original :)

Posted
Well done you! that's great! something I keep meaning to try but never getting round to doing.

how often were you taking pics, every couple of mins? and did you doing it manually ?

I must say thanks to Gorky.for good advice first.

The pics were every 15 to 20 secs.......on a average quality because of the amount of pics......

I first sat here for a very long time like a robot................then I discovered a timer in EOS software....thank god!!

so i just set it to 15...then 20...secs.......I plan to take better shots next time....Ive just bought 30 foot of USB cable so I can leave camera in bedroom...while down here in my studio I can monitor ..Upstairs I can film far away storms growing and dying..cant wait for the next convective days

Rusty the orignal is better.I had to JPEG COMPRESS ALL 1,650 TO GET IN MOVIE...BUT this WAS only a experiment..until the better ones Im going to do

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Dogs!! Super!!

The one i did a couple of years ago is still in the gallery and it was all done by hand on a compact camera. Short but sweet.. ;)

Nice one mate!!

Posted

Thanks Cookie :crazy: you dont like my Playing..would you prefer metalica :crazy: ..

lol...

Thanks Potty...God must of took you ages by hand.....I started that way...But I was so glad to find software .

I cant wait for a Thunder head cloud to film.

But then I must make a choice if to use lightning trigger..or time lapse clouds.

Hard choices :whistling:

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
Dogs!! Super!!

The one i did a couple of years ago is still in the gallery and it was all done by hand on a compact camera. Short but sweet.. :crazy:

Nice one mate!!

Great time-lapse and ya 1st attempt you'll be an expert in no time, ive not done one yet but i will eventually.

Potty ive tried viewing yours in the gallery but it just wont download for me.!

I blame it on vista(not impressed by it at all) :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Looking good dogs. Glad I could be of help with this! :)

Below was mine from a few days back which inspired Dogs32 to do his. I posted it at 3:00am so not many of you will have caught it. . I didn't have the patience (or camera battery life!) to do quite so many photos though! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs4Cit1LzAk

I took pictures every 15 seconds for mine and then put them into a timelapse at 15fps and I believe dogs32 used similar settings to me. The original file is 2gb of pictures reduced to 11mb of video :)

Edited by Gorky

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)

cool, I like that, Watching the clouds grown then shrink, excellent :)

Posted
Looking good dogs. Glad I could be of help with this! :)

Below was mine from a few days back which inspired Dogs32 to do his. I posted it at 3:00am so not many of you will have caught it. . I didn't have the patience (or camera battery life!) to do quite so many photos though! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs4Cit1LzAk

I took pictures every 15 seconds for mine and then put them into a timelapse at 15fps and I believe dogs32 used similar settings to me. The original file is 2gb of pictures reduced to 11mb of video :)

yea cheers mate..was going to post you the link...but i knew you would eventually see this......thanks.....videomac excellent!!!

Cookie Im pulling your leg..from a far distance :) .my god you got a long leg

my goal is now to use time lapse with the Lightning Trigger...I experimented last night and got some results through some patience after a few hrs

Wait now to see a night or day storm.prefeble a night.then one day with lap top..mobile

ps.yes Gorky battery a problem really,,,,,,,,,,,,, i don't know if you can run a XTI off a power pack mains

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

The Canon ACK-DC20 Mains Adapter would do the trick for EOS 350D's(XT) and 400D's(XTI) I believe. I've not looked into mains adapters for my 40D yet however. Still, I would need to upgrade my CF card also if I wanted to do much longer timelapses! :unsure:

Edited by Gorky