Snow?
Local
Radar
Winter
IGNORED

Days T & 1 & 2

Paul Sherman

Posted

So here we are again in readiness for Storm Chase 2008, Only hours until we meet at a Hotel at Heathrow before our flight in the Morning to DFW.

Tomorrow we will land at 9pm Uk Time and then be heading out to Dinner at the Cool River Cafe, this meal is being hosted by the Tourist Board for us, we are staying at the Best Western in DFW On Sunday Evening.

Monday sees us setting up the Systems in the Cars and kitting everything out, we then have to drive to Irving to pick up our Sprint Data Card and then after Lunch pick up Bristolwx (Martyn) from DFW Airport, after this we will probably head North in readiness for the next few days ahead (This based on current Model Output)

We will post pictures of the Team etc when we are all a unit of 10 over the next 2 days and of other things of Interest along the way.

"If" We get any down days :blush: We have also managed to wangle a Full trip around the Storm Prediction Centre, this will be an amazing experience to see how the SPC Put their forecasts together!

Regards

Paul S

• Replies 106
    • Created
    • Last Reply
    Posted
    So here we are again in readiness for Storm Chase 2008, Only hours until we meet at a Hotel at Heathrow before our flight in the Morning to DFW.

Tomorrow we will land at 9pm Uk Time and then be heading out to Dinner at the Cool River Cafe, this meal is being hosted by the Tourist Board for us, we are staying at the Best Western in DFW On Sunday Evening.

Monday sees us setting up the Systems in the Cars and kitting everything out, we then have to drive to Irving to pick up our Sprint Data Card and then after Lunch pick up Bristolwx (Martyn) from DFW Airport, after this we will probably head North in readiness for the next few days ahead (This based on current Model Output)

We will post pictures of the Team etc when we are all a unit of 10 over the next 2 days and of other things of Interest along the way.

Regards

Paul S

Great stuff Paul.

Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you...it all sounds very hectic.

I'm sure it will be worth the effort.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a smashing time, and I wish you all a safe trip

and I look forward to your reports

regards

Brian :blush:

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Have a great trip, eagerly watching the models for that 'potential severe outbreak' later this week..!

I'm sure Mr Fish would love a visit to the SPC in Norman, Oklahoma see how they do it over there..

http://www.thunderchaser.com/june2005/spc_tour.html

Bag a few and stay safe..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

"If" We get any down days :D We have also managed to wangle a Full trip around the Storm Prediction Centre, this will be an amazing experience to see how the SPC Put their forecasts together!

Regards

Paul S

Have a good trip Paul.

See you some time around the 22nd May.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

See you guys in 3 weeks, be careful!! :D

Mammatus 8)

Posted

Not jealous, not even a little bit :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds. HATE:stagnant weather patterns

Good luck to the team, looking forwards to the reports and pics/videos. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Well I'm here but very tired after a mammoth day travelling. I have decided not to charge down south today after that risk as I'm not 100% prepared until I have got a few things sorted. I'm sat in Decatur at the moment, and with a couple of days spare, I'm thinking of heading up to Palo Duro State Park for some photography tomorrow etc. Being 20 miles south of the Big Texan has not influenced me at all. Honest... :rolleyes:

Posted
    At least it isn't T5 LOL

Are you going to check in when you get to the terminal or use the BA website check in thingy?

I have to check in there because I have a staff ticket (wife works for Japan Airlines)

Posted
    A what OON????? :cc_confused:

I think it's some form of equipment for looking at Uranus Brian.............

Archived