Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The New Davis Weather Link IP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

I have just bought the new Davis Weather Link IP Datalogger which uploads the data from weather station every minute 24/7 without the need to have the pc running as i did with the previous datalogger which meant that while i was at work and during the night my web page was not up to date.

The weather link IP datalogger is plugged into my modem/router and online all the time so if anybody wants to take a look click on the link and see what you think.The first page will come up and then you can go to the summary and also the world map to see other Davis Pro owners readings as well.

I am very pleased with it in general, the only downside for me is that the wind speed is measured in kph instead of mph if i change it over to read in mph then everything else is changed to imperial measurement ie farenheit temp,inches barametric pressure and inches rain as you will see if you look at the readings in the US.

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/clacton/

Take a look and see what you think

Button up

Posted

Ooooooo....I didn't realise that it did that. I've often wished there was something on the market which would allow me to continue my world-famous website without the extravagance of running a computer 24/7. Are you resticted to their page layout and web address?

Posted
Ooooooo....I didn't realise that it did that. I've often wished there was something on the market which would allow me to continue my world-famous website without the extravagance of running a computer 24/7. Are you resticted to their page layout and web address?

That is exactly what i thought aswell but it is the case that you are limited to their page layout but you can place a link to their site within your own website and i did read that you can have what they called a window so if you have the know how and the website it would be possible to do it that way

Bu

PS Did you get my pm ok about changing my weather station link?

Also i didn't buy it in this country they are too expensive !!

Edited by Button Up

Posted

It cost me £128 including postage +£24 import vat. I have bought 3 items from the same guy in the US and the second item i didn't get charged any import at all i think in some cases it's the luck of the draw.

Thanks for changing the link :rolleyes:

BU

Posted

Hi, BU.

Yes, a frustrating problem. When I'm driving on the continent I use the old ' knock off the zero and times by six ' rule to convert kph to mph. So 80 kph becomes approximately 48 mph.

I know - I should get out more! :rolleyes:

Kind regards,

Mike.

Posted
Hi, BU.

Yes, a frustrating problem. When I'm driving on the continent I use the old ' knock off the zero and times by six ' rule to convert kph to mph. So 80 kph becomes approximately 48 mph.

I know - I should get out more! :)

Kind regards,

Mike.

Hi Winston,

I'm glad i'm not the only one who should get out more lol

I have emailed the Davis customer services to suggest that it would be good if they could display the data in both metric and standard as they do on the weather underground site then regardless of which side of the pond you are it would make sense.I also suggested that they provide more archive data ie month/year readings and also a hit counter.They thanked me for my input and said they would pass it on to the WeatherLink Server Administrator who does the coding.It is still in it's infancy so there are bound to be changes.

BU

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Yes your restricted to their web layout although you can link to the web page from within your website.

Weather Display can link into it but then you need at Computer running 24 hrs. Soon I'll be changing to shuttle since my own server went pop the other day. Less power less noise which isn't bad now that the neighbours are behaving more neighbourly. Oh I forgot less heat.

• 4 months later...
Posted

I am very pleased with it in general, the only downside for me is that the wind speed is measured in kph instead of mph if i change it over to read in mph then everything else is changed to imperial measurement ie farenheit temp,inches barametric pressure and inches rain as you will see if you look at the readings in the US.

Since i wrote the above at the start of this thread there has been a firmware update and now i can show on the webpage exactly what i am displaying on my console at home.ie wind speeds in mph and still show temp in degree's C which i think for us in the UK is much better.

BU