Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports 7th-11th May

TonyH

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Another small storm cell gave 3 rumbles to south/SW is now tracking to SW, the first one has gone off NW, no rain , they are very small.

Posted

Distant prolonged rumbles of thunder for the last half hour or so. The sky is now a hazy, dirty yellow colour and it feels very oppressive and the thunder is getting louder.

Posted

Had a small storm around here about 1-2pm. Saw a couple of flashes ( about 10 seconds between flash and thunder, 2 miles?). Quite a shock wave with one of them, thumping the plastic windows in my workshop. Went out in the car and saw a spectacular cloud-ground, amazing how a spark can travel that distance. Looks dark to the SE at the moment - hopefully more here this evening. Didn't get much rain earlier, the radar looked alot more impressive. Great cloud forms/colours today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Some lightning seen and loud thunder but it wasnt overhead, it was toward Runcorn and Chester way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Massive storm here about 16.00 today , heavy rain and Thunder and lightening overhead ...this all followed a hot sunny day , i was at a Rugby Festival in Leigh with my son this morning and i've got the classic 'vest' burn now :oops:

Posted

It has been a very active day up here but has all died away now leaving only altocumulus, quoted from my post in todays storms discussion:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=47460

Its been an interesting day up here today, as of around 2 pm the cap went and convection really took off which caused visibility to get pretty poor, what followed was several hours of constant thunder.

Most of it appeared to be mid level for the first couple of hours with some really loud thunder but few visible flashes and little rain, it felt as if many small pulse storms had been forming all around this area and then dying, them reforming again in no time at all.

Eventually a larger storm clipped my town from the north east to north west which took a further couple of hours to move away, producing some heavy rain and frequent lightning with some spectacular cloud to ground strikes.

It cooled down for a time though its quickly warming back up again now.

Its the smaller storms from earlier on that interest me however as they did seem pulse like in nature as someone who lived only half a mile or so away from me spoke of a cloud burst with large hail which I did not experience, was anyone following the activity around Lancashire this afternoon and have any info they can share?

I was occupied at the time so couldn't follow it myself on extra and whatnot, so any info you can give would be appreciated.