Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Day 12 Discussion

Paul Sherman

Posted
Hi Peter

Cannot believe you are getting back later than the rest of the guys, so glad you enjoyed it, we enjoyed every single minute of the Trip with a fantastic group of guys. Ian has phoned the Hotel in Sherman and someone has handed in the Camera and Tripod so we will drop by their in the next few days, just about to go out to a Seafood Restaurant and will be fully charged for tomorrow.

Paul S

Hi Paul

That's great news about Ian's camera. I bet he is so relieved at that. Also great that all the footage he shot won't have been lost either.

Latest news on my flight is that they have pushed back the departure to 10pm. I think I am having one of those days... :lol:

Oh well, if nothing else I may post the odd pic or two from yesterday before the laptop battery dies.

Edit: I see John, our resident leprechaun from the last 10 days is still online. Hey John, guess you are on the same flight as me. I am just to the right of the service counter by gate 16. Let's say we go have a beer or two? And maybe the odd chaser... :lol:

Edited by Blackie

Posted

go for it Blackie!! :lol: or find a socket somewhere and use the airport power, after all its the least they can do for delaying you :lol:

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

It certainly has been a great first 10 days, no tornadoes for the first tour but they've

witnessed fantastic supercells and crazeeee hailstorms, great that everyone got on

well too. Looking forward to many more late bed-times :lol: .. Good luck the 'morra' could be it

this time ,just hope they dont push to far east into Arkansas...hills and trees..

We aren't headed that way :) , we made a decision to go no further than Palestine SE of DFW and decided that the cap would hold and the cell NW of Austin would be the only one going today, way too far SW to travel and it would put us out of position for tomorrow's MDT risk over NE TX and AR.

Currently just booking in to a hotel in Longview just off the I-20 east of DFW.

Ha ha what a dozy so and so i am, its even in the thread title 'HEADING EAST' doh..!! :lol:

I'll just go and get me coat............

Posted

OK, latest update is they have decided they can't fix the first plane, and a second one may or may not take off at 10pm - but they don't want to get our hopes up. :lol:

I have just posted some pics from our last night on the Day 11 thread and will now try and find a power socket, a beer and John. Not necessarily in that order! :lol:

Posted

Have just seen the 00z model run (regional) and it looks quite good for tomorrow (Saturday) anywhere east of OKC to SPS really, so team seems to be in a good position in Longview. With some properly humid air in place, this one should have no trouble delivering the goods, as the development seems to peak at just the right time around 21z and later.

Posted

Yes

We are going to play the Lifting Warm Front tomorrow and try to get on a Storm that rides the front. Possibly somewhere in Central Arkansas east of Little Rock. Stu I see you lurking where are you headed tomorrow, send me a mail on my Hotmail.

Hope your new guests are ready for an active 1st Day :lol:

Paul S

Posted

Will email you my thoughts in the morning Paul - also a quick heads up for Monday ... I am a high plains chaser as you know, if there is any whiff of mositure in NE Colorado Monday - be there !!!

Anything over 50f will do it

Chase hard over the next few days becasue after Thursday the Plains close down .....

Edited by Stu

Posted
Will email you my thoughts in the morning Paul - also a quick heads up for Monday ... I am a high plains chaser as you know, if there is any whiff of mositure in NE Colorado Monday - be there !!!

Anything over 50f will do it

Chase hard over the next few days becasue after Thursday the Plains close down .....

Yes Wednesday and Thursday look likely to be active before a less active spell, love the Colorado chases near I80 NE Of Denver, we will haul arse up there for sure. 2 weeks of Sunbathing after that :lol:

Speak in the Morning

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Well I'm a long way out of position so an early start for me. Tried to take a shortcut back but got cut off my swollen creeks and downed trees etc. I'm in clifton at the moment. Wih a 5 hour drive to Texarkana which is where I wanted to start the day from! :lol:

The storms today were epic is far as lightning shows go. Constant lightning illuminating the entire structure of the storm. I followed it after dark for an hour and a half and it was something else to watch. Very hard to not crash the car when something that impressive is infront of you :lol:

Posted

Good luck with the storm chasing in Arkansas tomorrow, Paul. I see you online as well, Gorky. Where are you at the moment and where will you be heading tomorrow?

I am still stuck in Chicago. Would you believe the American Airlines flight I got switched to after my Virgin flight got cancelled was also cancelled, so they have put us up in hotels - I am in a Westin, with a very comfortable bed I shall test very soon - and we will be on an 8am flight tomorrow. So I will eventually get back at 10pm instead of 8am! :lol:

I thought I saw John online when he should have been on his flight, and assumed he was on the same American flight as me. But I couldn't see him in the queue for the hotel voucher, so maybe he was on the earlier flight and just logged in quickly from the gate area.

Anyway, I have to be up at 5am, so I shall head off to bed. That will be the most sleep I have had on this trip so far! :lol:

Enjoy your chasing, guys. Look forward to seeing the photos and videos.

Posted

Gah.. Don't you just hate it when you think you have some awesome photos, only to transfer them over and found out you've managed to screw them up in some amusing way.... It seems I managed to change the focus on my lens rather than zoom just before the good lightning started :lol:

This bolt could have been a corker in good focus :lol:

post-1731-1210395067_thumb.jpg

Posted

hey Blackie. i see you lurking still, get some sleep else you will not wake in time for the plane :lol:

Gorky, the pic is still ok and at least you can say "i was there" :lol:

Posted

I have plenty of pics after I corrected it. Just none of the good CG's Perhaps I can get some video stills of them instead...

Here's an in focus shot.

Note that I dove for about 20 miles down this road waiting for the powerlines to end and they never did so I just got what practice in I could :lol:

post-1731-1210397097_thumb.jpg

I'm currently being kept awake by the guy in the next room snoring! Not good with my early start tomorrow....

Posted

Hey Peter. Pity I didnt catch up with you. My wife was probably online back home when you were posting. I did get a hotel voucher but decided not to use it and kip in the airport as if i got a bed I wasn't getting up for at least 20 hours. The of course the Heathrow flight was no good to connect to cork so I ended up taking a direct flight to Shannon which got in this morning, Sunday at 10:15. Knackered! Loving your recent photos!

Good luck with the storm chasing in Arkansas tomorrow, Paul. I see you online as well, Gorky. Where are you at the moment and where will you be heading tomorrow?

I am still stuck in Chicago. Would you believe the American Airlines flight I got switched to after my Virgin flight got cancelled was also cancelled, so they have put us up in hotels - I am in a Westin, with a very comfortable bed I shall test very soon - and we will be on an 8am flight tomorrow. So I will eventually get back at 10pm instead of 8am! :)

I thought I saw John online when he should have been on his flight, and assumed he was on the same American flight as me. But I couldn't see him in the queue for the hotel voucher, so maybe he was on the earlier flight and just logged in quickly from the gate area.

Anyway, I have to be up at 5am, so I shall head off to bed. That will be the most sleep I have had on this trip so far! B)

Enjoy your chasing, guys. Look forward to seeing the photos and videos.