Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Day 15 Discussion

Paul Sherman

Posted
:doh: dont you guys have mobiles :p

No that would spoil things for us on here Mick...We want to hear all the gossip dont we mate? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

My plans for the day are to head north of OKC most lilkely. I think I'll be playing the northern risk area tomorrow up in NC OK up towards the KS border. I won't get too far up that way in case I change my mind tomorrow though :doh:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Gorky, we a little too far away now near Stephenville, so won't turn back to get Paul's shirt. But keep hold of it just in case we meet again! We are on the way towards the SLIGHT risk area shown on today's outlook update :doh:

Posted

No problem. I'm in gainesville now also about to cross into OK. Suggestions on the latest Day 2 update that a moderate risk may be required for KS/MO tomorrow!. Just thought I'd point it out before you go too far south, incase you decide to change plans :p then again, chasing in Misery or east KS might not appeal to you that much :doh:

Posted

The low over n.e. CO has pulled in cooler air from Wyoming and the frontal boundary worth monitoring now is across western KS ... I would head for Scott City KS rather than any part of Nebraska if in that area. Storms could develop around 22z to 00z.

Tomorrow looking very active especially if this low does form a bit further south ... could be a wide area of severe weather across KS, OK and n TX with this, so gentlemen, start your engines.

Posted

I tired my luck with the surface low in NW Kasas (on the Dry Line / Cold front tripple point) but busted - ) still I wanted to be in Salina tonight (ready to postion for tomorrow's setup- I am not liking Texas right now... My target is actually KS/MO

so I figured that a run out to there would fill my day if nothing else. :D

Posted

I think that's my play also. Not sure I'll venture right the way into Mo, but we'll see how things go. Eastern KS is the area I'm looking at the moment. (Iola region)

I drove up to Stillwater, OK today to leave me as many options as possible tomorrow.

Edited by Gorky

Posted
Oh well, not meant to be this year, thats £2500 down the toilet :) I have been diagnosed with a heart problem anyway Paul, quite bad too :o have to go in for heart valve op. in 4 weeks time and I must not travel. Sorry to moan, but im *****d off :80: I'm 28 and on the verge of a heart attack :o You just couldn't make it up, sums up my last year nicely CRAP :)

Gav (TA)

I hope you're op goes ok for you mate :)