Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

June CET

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

my guess for June, 15.8c please.

Paul

Posted

CET 15.5 Rainfall 150% sunshine 85%

A much better month for Scotland (away from the north sea coast) though. Several thundery lows pushing up from France, as we have this weekend. High pressure areas frequently to the north of Scotland. Becoming more typically west/east later in the month, with the Azores High taking charge towards the last week and sitting somewhere towards Ireland, so a warm but fresh Atlantic influence to end the month.

Edited by Gavin P

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

13C: Jim_AFCB

13.4C: Snowmaiden

14.1C: Richarddx7

14.2C: Blast From The Past

14.5C: Osmposm

14.6C: Stephen Prudence

14.6C: Summer Blizzard

14.7C: Mega Moon Flake

14.8C: Thundery Wintry Showers

15C: Snowsure

15.1C: Steve B

15.1C: The Pit

15.3C: Grab My Graupels

15.4C: Polar Gael

15.5C: Chionomaniac

15.5C: Gavin P

15.6C: Jack Wales

15.8C: Polar Continental

16.3C: Scorcher

16.5C: Eddie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

15.7°C

Guest Mike W

16.8. But any month nowadays cannot be ruled out for breaking it's hottest CET record, especially summer

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

15.9. for me please.

Posted
I have put a new spreadsheet on the old May CET thread which you may find interesting.

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...t&p=1259380

Would it be possible to combine Dancc and NorthantsSnow's stats seeing as we are the same person?

My CET prediction for June 2008 is 13.8C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I'll go for 14.4C I think.

Would it be possible to combine Dancc and NorthantsSnow's stats seeing as we are the same person?

My CET prediction for June 2008 is 13.8C.

there have been no entries this year under Dancc, so no need to change any scores, however I will take out the reference to Dancc on the spreadsheet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

16.2 for me please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Sooner or later I have to be near the mark in constantly punting for below average months, I'll be cautious and say 13.9c

Posted
I think 14.6C, I can see low pressure and wet weather dominating for most of the month, perhaps with a more northeasterly element. So quite cool but still above average

I think that sums up the situation with regard to how we view the CET these days, Stephen.

March and April seemed very cold (more snow and frost, lower maxima and minima than December, January or February) and STILL we could not return a low CET - both months came in very close to average, which seems astonishing.

I suppose both months were tempered by quite warm spells but it does make one wonder what needs to happen to return a CET well below the average. Your comment above 'quite cool but still above average' says it all really.

Moose

Posted
I have put a new spreadsheet on the old May CET thread which you may find interesting.

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...t&p=1259380

Jackone,

I think this is a work of art! Well done and thanks for putting the time in to create it. It's terrific. I just have one small query - the entries against some names are blank - no data available. I looked at several and some are in there others not as far as I can tell.

I am assuming it's a massive task to create this spreadsheet and you have entered the data for some, but not others to show what it all looks like?

Moose

Sorry - this appears to have gone in the wrong thread!

Edited by ukmoose

Posted
I think that sums up the situation with regard to how we view the CET these days, Stephen.

March and April seemed very cold (more snow and frost, lower maxima and minima than December, January or February) and STILL we could not return a low CET - both months came in very close to average, which seems astonishing.

I suppose both months were tempered by quite warm spells but it does make one wonder what needs to happen to return a CET well below the average. Your comment above 'quite cool but still above average' says it all really.

Moose

Well, I am not so sure about April Moose - its not that astonishing. 1-4 April and 20-30 were very much above average periods, 5-20 was very much below average - the period March 16-April 15 was very much below average too, although it does not fit the neat calender month. July 2007 was 1.3 degrees below the long term average and August was 0.8 degrees below, the latter half of 2007 was below the long term average by over a degree.

since July 2007, 5 months have been below the long term average and 5 months have been above - January by a significant margain and the only 'stand out' of those.

I put it to the panel that the latter half of 2007 was a CET 'well below the average' (by that I mean the 1971-2000 average) and would equate to an annual return of iro 9.10 if matched with an average first half.

I am not saying we are cooling, I am not saying 2007 was ultra-exceptional, I am merely defending its credentials as a 'cool' period of time.

Posted
Well, I am not so sure about April Moose - its not that astonishing. 1-4 April and 20-30 were very much above average periods, 5-20 was very much below average - the period March 16-April 15 was very much below average too, although it does not fit the neat calender month. July 2007 was 1.3 degrees below the long term average and August was 0.8 degrees below, the latter half of 2007 was below the long term average by over a degree.

since July 2007, 5 months have been below the long term average and 5 months have been above - January by a significant margain and the only 'stand out' of those.

I put it to the panel that the latter half of 2007 was a CET 'well below the average' (by that I mean the 1971-2000 average) and would equate to an annual return of iro 9.10 if matched with an average first half.

I am not saying we are cooling, I am not saying 2007 was ultra-exceptional, I am merely defending its credentials as a 'cool' period of time.

I think the point I was trying to make SM is that although there are clearly colder periods in many monthly spells, as far as the actual monthly CET goes, any cold weather is always more than offset by warmer spells within each actual month.

We don't seem (for some reason) to be able to return a low monthly CET despite the presence of impressively cold weather within the month. Both March and April were classic months for this I think. At some time in a month, one would expect that the colder spells would not always be wiped out by the warmer ones - but it doesn't seem to happen.

Moose

Posted
We don't seem (for some reason) to be able to return a low monthly CET despite the presence of impressively cold weather within the month. Both March and April were classic months for this I think. At some time in a month, one would expect that the colder spells would not always be wiped out by the warmer ones - but it doesn't seem to happen.

Moose

OK, thats fair enough but I would caveat that Mid March to Mid April was a month long below average period - I tink about a degree or more below the long term average? It happens that the warmer spells were early March and late April and the colder ones late March and early April which gives a neat split.

I guess it depends if we accept where the baseline now is - if we are indeed 0.75 degrees warmer than we were 1971-2000 then there have been some months well below the new baselines and the latter half of last year would figure as a significantly cool half-year.