Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

BBC Internet Forecasts

Posted

You may have noticed the disparities regarding BBC temperature forecasts for the UK. If you look at the following link you will note that there is a wide disparity between the maximum temperature value in Fishguard (West Wales) to surrounding areas...

BBC UK Forecast

I understand that Fishguard is more exposed and that you'd expect it to realise lower values than more sheltered towns/cities. Having taken that into account the forecast maximum values still appear to be excessively low, for example 12C today and 11C on Saturday are the same or lower than those predicted for Lerwick. Generally speaking I would expect to see similar values forecast to Penzance due to similar latitude, longitude, exposure and SST's yet Penzance is often forecast values 5-6C higher.

Has anyone else noticed similar disparities or if you can offer any explanations please feel free to enlighten me.

You may have noticed the disparities regarding BBC temperature forecasts for the UK. If you look at the following link you will note that there is a wide disparity between the maximum temperature value in Fishguard (West Wales) to surrounding areas...

BBC UK Forecast

I understand that Fishguard is more exposed and that you'd expect it to realise lower values than more sheltered towns/cities. Having taken that into account the forecast maximum values still appear to be excessively low, for example 12C today and 11C on Saturday are the same or lower than those predicted for Lerwick. Generally speaking I would expect to see similar values forecast to Penzance due to similar latitude, longitude, exposure and SST's yet Penzance is often forecast values 5-6C higher.

Has anyone else noticed similar disparities or if you can offer any explanations please feel free to enlighten me.

To be honest I've noticed that for Fishguard, that the temperature values are way off nearby areas.

Posted
To be honest I've noticed that for Fishguard, that the temperature values are way off nearby areas.

Yes, even in winter the values are much lower, during this time you would expect the opposite to be true.

• 6 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

i noticed the met office is going for nw northely flow not good for us in the south always losers in the game of cold and mouse.

BUT models seem like they pretty certain now sorry to be a noob but if this greenland high does hold true is this best type high pressure we could have cheers :rolleyes:

thursday looks great here in the south drizzle or light rain mind you it is the bbc 5day outlook lol.

Edited by badboy657

Posted

None of this is in a reliable timeframe; therefore I remain unconvinced.

I am not the only one because all the 5 day+ weather forecasts one can find online, and especially the 7 day ones (which of course include the suggested/modelled cold spell) - NONE of them are showing anything more than a bit of sleet for the SE...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

bbc 5 day pressure charts look bad and there 5 day forecast for aberdeen thursday 7c max 1c min with southerly and rain lmao that cant be right surely totally goes against met office mm i wonder who deals with there website lol :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
bbc 5 day pressure charts look bad and there 5 day forecast for aberdeen thursday 7c max 1c min with southerly and rain lmao that cant be right surely totally goes against met office mm i wonder who deals with there website lol :rolleyes:
Iwoudnt take to much notice of those charts.Looking for the ecm to build up the pressure rise to the north ang get the jet further south.Not sure if it will show this in the 240 hrs range. :lol:

Posted

Those are computer generated forecasts and not reliable and not worth worrying over. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
None of this is in a reliable timeframe; therefore I remain unconvinced.

I am not the only one because all the 5 day+ weather forecasts one can find online, and especially the 7 day ones (which of course include the suggested/modelled cold spell) - NONE of them are showing anything more than a bit of sleet for the SE...

You need to be really looking at the potential to be honest.Nothing even the really cold weather is nailed on . :rolleyes:

Posted

If you type leicester into the 5 day on bbc we have a max of 1 and we are in northerly's . Ignore them.