Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Day 32 - Video and Pictures

Nick F

Posted

On this date in 1985 (May 31 that is) Barrie Ontario and nearby small towns were hit by F3 tornadoes with the loss of ten lives and massive damage on a half-mile wide path. This was the worst tornado death toll in recent years in Ontario although not in Canada (that being about 30 in Edmonton AB and Regina SK in 1987 and 1912 respectively).

Just thought you'd like to know, I live in tornado country too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.
On this date in 1985 (May 31 that is) Barrie Ontario and nearby small towns were hit by F3 tornadoes with the loss of ten lives and massive damage on a half-mile wide path. This was the worst tornado death toll in recent years in Ontario although not in Canada (that being about 30 in Edmonton AB and Regina SK in 1987 and 1912 respectively).

Just thought you'd like to know, I live in tornado country too.

Hello Roger,

I have the book "Under The Whirlwind" which goes into some detail about a particular Canadian tornadic event.

Very Best Wishes,

Bob.

Posted

Hi Dogs Mate

We fly home tomorrow from DFW, Doing some shopping today and trying to clean up the car, it is wrecked! Baseball Dents, metal debris slashed through the side of the car etc. So tempted by todays Moderate Risk but I am done with Chasing for this year, absolutely knackered and even the 197 miles up to Ok City to see Supercells today is not enough for me to go, we dont fly until 5pm tomorrow but after 35 days and 14 Tornadoes (1 In the bugger) countless Supercells, Amazing Hailstorms, Trains getting knocked off tracks, a House getting destroyed by a Night-time Cone Tornado I think some shopping for the wife and kids is in order. Will post a summary of the whole trip when I get time, we still have some amazing footage we have not yet uploaded, and the HD Footage you will see next year on ITV Is incredible.

Hi Paul, can't find the gas station video anywhere, I'm guessing it's been removed for exclusivity for ITV.

The coverage I've been following has to be a great advert for next years chase, think you will need more cars!

Really enjoyed cheers and thanks to all involved B)

Posted

Hi Dallas

Yes we have had to remove the Link due to a deal being done on exclusivity with the clip.

Will let you know all the details asap

Paul S

Posted

Here is a clip of the 1/2 Mile wide Wedge that overrun us just to our North, and this matches up well with my Pic of just before we got hit.

post-24-1212332114_thumb.jpg

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Yes, the person videoing that clip of the wedge must have been just south of our location at the gas station by the I-80 Aurora interchange.

Have some footage of a cone tornado near Kearney and RFD damage in Kearney:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4BD82rLxRrw

stills of the tornado - not very clear but definately there:

post-1052-1212333789_thumb.jpgpost-1052-1212333769_thumb.jpgpost-1052-1212333756_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

More on the storms... right at the begining it has i think Dave in the back of the van

with its back window out riding the storm out .http://www.klkntv.com/

Also a video of two people approaching the gas stations at Aurora just after the worst has passed through

but you can see just yards infront of them the ferocity that the team had to endure..!!

Its quite amusing his reactions to his somewhat anxious wife...

Posted
More on the storms... right at the begining it has i think Dave in the back of the van

with its back window out riding the storm out .http://www.klkntv.com/

Hi NL, just found the news vid with a brief clip on there with footage from the van which Dave, Lorraine, Chris and Gareth were in:

http://www.klkntv.com/global/video/popup/p...mp;rnd=26202990

Posted

Hi Dallas

Yes we have had to remove the Link due to a deal being done on exclusivity with the clip.

Will let you know all the details asap

Paul S

Hi Paul, ok cheers looking forward to seeing that

Posted
Hi NL, just found the news vid with a brief clip on there with footage from the van which Dave, Lorraine, Chris and Gareth were in:

http://www.klkntv.com/global/video/popup/p...mp;rnd=26202990

Hi. Is there another place I can view this footage? Its not imac friendly at all :D

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
Here' some youtube video clips of the RFD we rode out at Kearney yesterday, will upload later RFD near Aurora at gas statoin where we rode out 120 mph winds in our car! WARNING contains swearing

Kearney RFD: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yfTVHG4eUeQ

120 mph :drunk: great video guys :lol: really amazing

Yes, the person videoing that clip of the wedge must have been just south of our location at the gas station by the I-80 Aurora interchange.

Have some footage of a cone tornado near Kearney and RFD damage in Kearney:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4BD82rLxRrw

brilliant video guys one of my all time favioutes