Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Last Time 30C plus was recorded

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
fine one has to accept the Met O as correct but wait for their max - min temp rain sun data, usually seen first thing the next day?

Agreed, the CET values have been readjusted this week every next day.

Posted

If 30C is recorded in the coming days, then I suspect that it will be in a heat-trap like Heathrow with all that extra-warming in the local air blowing around and influencing local temps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
If 30C is recorded in the coming days, then I suspect that it will be in a heat-trap like Heathrow with all that extra-warming in the local air blowing around and influencing local temps.

Agree with this PP - yesturday Heathrow maxed out at 28.2C. I was down there and it was very warm compared with back home in Cambridge where 25 was achieved.

Today has been rather different though. I left Haverhill (Cambridgeshire/Suffolk) border at 11am, was down at Heathrow at 1pm where it felt cooler than back home. To be fair though, once I entered south into Hertfordshire (half way point) there was much thin cloudcover. This probably supressed maxes in London today.

London will be the hot spot tomorrow IMO, I agree mate. Plenty more sunshine on other I suspect.

TA

Edited by Tornado Alley

Posted

we didn't get the magic 30oC according to met office

24 hours ending 2200 on 25 Jul 08: UK

Highest max 29.1 °C Cranwell

Lowest max 15.7 °C Fair Isle

Lowest min 8.9 °C Braemar

Highest rainfall 4.8 mm Sennybridge

Sunniest 13.1 hours Kinloss

Last updated: 0001 on Sat 26 Jul 2008

Posted

No 30°C today I'm pretty sure, but I suspect tomorrow and Monday may offer our best chances of 30°C being reached, for the foreseeable future at least.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I suspect Tomorrow may be a good chance if not today.

Posted

nope only 28oC

today

24 hours ending 2200 on 26 Jul 08: UK

Highest max 28.0 °C Coningsby

Lowest max 16.1 °C Fair Isle

Lowest min 8.9 °C Altnaharra

Highest rainfall 12.6 mm Altnaharra

Sunniest 13.7 hours Filton

Last updated: 0002 on Sun 27 Jul 2008

3rd day in a row fair isle pics up the award from the coldest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Beeb morning forecast going for a possible 30C tomorrow and then cooling off a bit with possible thundery rain in places moving slowly north.

Posted

Take a bow PP! :D

Apparently 30C has been recorded at Heathrow!

Posted
Take a bow PP! :D

Apparently 30C has been recorded at Heathrow!

Where is this from? The Metoffice website has Heathrow currently on a max of 27.7C at 4pm.

Top temp from an official site seems to be 28.9C in London so far. Though we'll have to wait until they publish the figures tonight to be sure what the highest temperature of today is.

Posted

London Weather Centre temperatures from weatheronline:

1300: 26.8C

1400: 27.3C

1500: 29.8C

1600: 28.9C

Possible, but more likely it was just missed. If it did, it will inevitably lead to a discussion whether or not its valid, as London WC is a rooftop site I believe.

Edited by reef

Posted

It was 30.2C I believe the exact time was 15.15pm I agree that LWC shouldn't count btw, but more often than not it does.

As you say it's roof top, it's in the middle of a city, surrounded by concrete and massively effected by Urban heat effects when the winds are very light.

Posted

Yes, LWC has recorded 30,2c - but this will not count as it;s not standard exposure. However I'll be very surprised if nowhere else hits 30c today or tomorrow

Posted

Well, it got to 30.5 in our garden today, the warmest day since 2006 (last year's maximum was 29.5 here) - all the usual disclaimers about non-standard exposure etc, but wouldn't be surprised if it reaches 30 at an official station somewhere today.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

30C has not been recorded here for 2 years, fairly normal but its not unusual to have 30C around these part at some point during the summer. Just as well we didnt today given it was full strength sun and high humidity. Still reached 25C though.

Posted

Sky News have just said it's the official hottest day of the year so far according to the PA, with the highest temperature of 30C recorded at Heathrow.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well even I achieved a 28.5C today, the same maximum as last year on 5th August. However, the last time 30C plus was recorded here was July 26th 2006!

Posted
Sky News have just said it's the official hottest day of the year so far according to the PA, with the highest temperature of 30C recorded at Heathrow.

Yes, 30c at Heathrow.

And 30.4c in my garden :D

(Looks like Barbourne, Worcester, recorded 30.5c, but the station is no longer accepted officially)

Posted

Update - latest news is that Heathrow was only 29.2c

We may not have yet had an official 30c after all, though I wouldn't be surprised is some station that only reports daily or monthly has hit that figure

Posted

According to the following 30c was indeed recorded at Heathrow today but it was reported between the hourly updates at 14:20 via METAR. For some reason, the metoffice are ignoring it;

http://theweatheroutlook.com/twocommunity/...ms/t/19688.aspx

Posted
According to the following 30c was indeed recorded at Heathrow today but it was reported between the hourly updates at 14:20 via METAR. For some reason, the metoffice are ignoring it;

http://theweatheroutlook.com/twocommunity/...ms/t/19688.aspx

Perhaps for consistency....if they recorded it at a non-standard time, it is not counted since most of the rest of the country and the world reports only at hourly or 30 minute intervals.

Really though it's funny that we have to scratch around in the dirt so desperately to find a 30C to cling to!

Posted

we got 30oC today

24 hours ending 2200 on 27 Jul 08: UK

Highest max 30.9 °C London

Lowest max 15.9 °C Fair Isle

Lowest min 6.3 °C Sennybridge

Highest rainfall 16.2 mm Tain Range

Sunniest 14.2 hours Valley

Last updated: 0001 on Mon 28 Jul 2008

Posted
According to the following 30c was indeed recorded at Heathrow today but it was reported between the hourly updates at 14:20 via METAR. For some reason, the metoffice are ignoring it; ....
the Met Office are not ignoring it, they just have to verify the data and update the stats for the 24 hour period between 22:00 each day :)