Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Man killed by compost

Wasn't it moulds that used to kill tomb raiders? Also I recently watched a documentry about moulds in cellars in the USA that were making folk ill.

I've got a loaf of bread in the cupboard that'll either cure or kill too now i think about it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
Wasn't it moulds that used to kill tomb raiders? Also I recently watched a documentry about moulds in cellars in the USA that were making folk ill.

I've got a loaf of bread in the cupboard that'll either cure or kill too now i think about it.

The molds in tomb raiders are the same as used to make people die and return as a zombie in Voodoo, I am told.

Another strange fact, one I read about 10 years ago, so I will do my best to remember correctly. Mold on bread:- There are 20 odd different molds that can form on bread all are OK with humans, except one, which is the most carcinogenic naturally occurring substance known to man.

Since reading the article I have been quite weary of moldy stuff :lol:

Regarding the article Greyowl posted, this is more to do with the actual amount of spores that entered the victims lungs and initially the doctors knew little about what the symptoms meant, quite understandably. As it is so unusual an occurrence.

Russ.

Posted

I wonder how long it will be before it becomes an exclusion on life policies. :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
Here's a COSHH assessment for compost

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/guidance/ag8.pdf

Be careful - it's a dangerous world we live in !!!! :clap::)

Er nope, that's a COSHH assessment for the mushroom growing industry :)

Posted
Here's a COSHH assessment for compost

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/guidance/ag8.pdf

Be careful - it's a dangerous world we live in !!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It appears that they didn't have 'MUSHROOM' to write all the information on that page :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Our elderly next door neighbour had worked most of his life in the Gardening Trade and 5 years ago he died of a complicated lung disorder. Apparently the doctors thought that it was linked to the dust and spores he was subjected to in the handling of compost and other soils.

I think you have to have an awlful lot of contact with these spores in order for it to have an affect on your health!

Posted
Our elderly next door neighbour had worked most of his life in the Gardening Trade and 5 years ago he died of a complicated lung disorder. Apparently the doctors thought that it was linked to the dust and spores he was subjected to in the handling of compost and other soils.

I think you have to have an awlful lot of contact with these spores in order for it to have an affect on your health!

Was he smoking the stuff ??

Er nope, that's a COSHH assessment for the mushroom growing industry :rolleyes:

Don't be so pedantic - you're not too big to go over my knee !!

Posted
Don't be so pedantic - you're not too big to go over my knee !!

I was born a pedant. Anyway, I want a word with you; sat down with a coffee earlier, waiting to catch the news I caught the last five minutes of Weakest Link. What did I see? Oh, that would be you then, doing battle with Anne Robinson and winning! Well done you, hope you bought a nice treat with the winnings. Congrats!

The molds in tomb raiders are the same as used to make people die and return as a zombie in Voodoo, I am told.

Another strange fact, one I read about 10 years ago, so I will do my best to remember correctly. Mold on bread:- There are 20 odd different molds that can form on bread all are OK with humans, except one, which is the most carcinogenic naturally occurring substance known to man.

Since reading the article I have been quite weary of moldy stuff :lol:

Regarding the article Greyowl posted, this is more to do with the actual amount of spores that entered the victims lungs and initially the doctors knew little about what the symptoms meant, quite understandably. As it is so unusual an occurrence.

Russ.

Well I threw the offending loaf away yesterday so if the binmen return as zombies (would I spot the difference?) you'll know who to blame.

Posted
Cheers - I spent it all on Gin :lol:

Mothers' ruin; would have been much better spent on JD. How scary is Anne Robinson? Do tell...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Would anyone like to know why it is called 'mothers ruin'?

Posted

Yes please.

Posted

Aside from being incredibly cheap which led to wide-scale drunkenness:

http://www.historic-uk.com/CultureUK/MothersRuin.htm

It was also thought to induce abortion.

Carry on supping TONA, not a problem you need to concern yourself with...