Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Approaching storm clouds and a countryside walk

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Lovely day but the clouds looked very threatening as the morning went on!

Herne , Kent

( More Photo's to come later )

Edited by neilsouth

Posted
Lovely day but the clouds looked very threatening as the morning went on!

Herne , Kent

( More Photo's to come later )

Wonderful Pics, how do you manage to get the sky exposed correctly without losing the low-lights on the ground?, some kind of dynamic range extending software or a expensive camera? or perhaps you know what you're doing and I don't.. :doh:

Cheers

Dave

Posted
Wonderful Pics, how do you manage to get the sky exposed correctly without losing the low-lights on the ground?, some kind of dynamic range extending software or a expensive camera? or perhaps you know what you're doing and I don't.. ;)

Cheers

Dave

I have a canon EOS 400D and polarizer filter on a 18-55 Canon Lens . Basically i use manual mode and correctly expose for the sky first. I then use adobe elements and corel paint shop pro photo x2. The options i use most are lighten shadows for the landscape , midtone contrast and enhance adjust lighting!.

Sometimes the landscape is too dark to sort out and i ditch the photograph , i really need the sun to be out and shining on the landscape while im pointing away from the sun towards the clouds.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/Ne...eldDesktop1.jpg

FieldDesktop2.jpg

Reminds me of some of the windows wallpapers :doh:

Posted
IMG_3793BWS.jpg

Posted

why not have the photos all the same colour type, then its possible to compare like with like so to speak?

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
why not have the photos all the same colour type, then its possible to compare like with like so to speak?

It's called effects John. I suspect the BW one doesn't look too stormy in colour.

Posted

I did B&W because it gives a real impact of the approaching storm clouds , we didn't get a storm but it really does give that impression.. I myself prefer in B&W as do others but here is the colour just for you of the second shot!

IMG_3793RES.jpg

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

IMG_3803.jpg

Run to the woods to avoid the storm!

Contrast Edited , Burned , Sharpened , Shadow Lightened , cropped and Bordered! ( polarizer used )

I did B&W because it gives a real impact of the approaching storm clouds , we didn't get a storm but it really does give that impression.. I myself prefer in B&W as do others but here is the colour just for you of the second shot!

IMG_3793RES.jpg

yeah in comparison i far prefer the BW pic, mind it's still a good shot. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I am loving this one.....would be great as a set of three photos on a wall...I want em! look at that sky - life of its own.. :D

yeah in comparison i far prefer the BW pic, mind it's still a good shot. :D

actually I like the colour one more now...something quite consuming about it all...well done..

• European State of the Climate 2023 - Widespread flooding and severe heatwaves

The annual ESOTC is a key evidence report about European climate and past weather. High temperatures, heatwaves, wildfires, torrential rain and flooding, data and insight from 2023, Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Chilly with an increasing risk of frost

Once Monday's band of rain fades, the next few days will be drier. However, it will feel cool, even cold, in the breeze or under gloomy skies, with an increasing risk of frost. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dubai Floods: Another Warning Sign for Desert Regions?

The flooding in the Middle East desert city of Dubai earlier in the week followed record-breaking rainfall. It doesn't rain very often here like other desert areas, but like the deadly floods in Libya last year showed, these rain events are likely becoming more extreme due to global warming. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 2