Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

July CET

Posted
18.4 C ... quite a warm month with the odd spell of real heat, especially towards the end. Could be about 16.5 to mid-month then heat pushing in from France which could have almost as hot a month as in 2006. The linkage will not be as strong at first, as there is still a lingering cyclonic influence keeping the flow westerly a lot of the time, a rather warm and muggy westerly but that can only reach daily means around 17 C at best. :D

18.4 C is a bit warmer than 'quite warm' Roger - it ranks 8th in the July CET series! It's a big ask from the set up we seem to be in at the moment.

Edited by Jonnie G

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

My punt for July is 17.5C please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Provisionally (though I may revise this in the next couple of days) I am going for 16.1C which would make it the first summer month ending in "8" with a CET above 16C in a long, long time. Still, I envisage a fairly cloudy and uninspiring July for most.

That said I have a gut feeling that August will be a warm one and will shatter that sub-16C "summers ending in 8" record, even if July doesn't.

Posted

I'm tempted to go lower, given the current forecasts though.

Very heartening from one as distinguished as you Jackone! Are you punting with your head or your heart though? B)

Dave

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
Provisionally (though I may revise this in the next couple of days) I am going for 16.1C which would make it the first summer month ending in "8" with a CET above 16C in a long, long time. Still, I envisage a fairly cloudy and uninspiring July for most.

That said I have a gut feeling that August will be a warm one and will shatter that sub-16C "summers ending in 8" record, even if July doesn't.

I agree, i'm thinking a CET between 16.2C and 18.2C is likely for August.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

17.1C for me please.

Posted
Any figures on past Julys, including long-term means?

why not try the Met Osite or look at the CET site?

Posted

Much as I'd like to see a flaming July I just can't see anything in the models to suggest this. So I'm going for a distinctly below average 15.4c please. Only the last week will give us any settled weather (more hopecasting because I'm on holiday that week!).