Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Forgetting

Posted

I suppose we all do it now and again and yesterday I did it yet again I forgot to take my camrea with my and their was some stunning cloud formations something I ever thought Id see and I left my camrea at home and then on the way home their was a simply stunning sunset to make matters worse, yet for months my camrea had only been out the car to upload images and usually put it straight back in the car.

anyone else either forgotten their camrea or ran out of battery's and missed out on some amazing weather?

Posted

Yes all the time. Either that or I think, nah wont bother taking the camera, and miss a perfect photographic opportunity

Posted
Yes all the time. Either that or I think, nah wont bother taking the camera, and miss a perfect photographic opportunity

yet if you had it with you properly wouldn't happen sod law

• 2 months later...

I hear what you're saying Cookie, this is why the last camera I bought was a compacted, if I don't take that with me last resort is my phone camera, not bad quality photos and again better than nothing.

Edited by Ghost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Before I got a decent pair of rechargeables I used to get this problem all the time- the batteries always ran out whenever it was about to start snowing!

Posted

I know have a spare battery for the Canon :D I shall never go to the beach again and find I have left my battery in the charger at home again..... hopefully

Posted

I bought a spare battery for my Canon very cheap on-line (less than a fiver delivered). I wasn't expecting it to be that special at that price, but it seems to hold the same charge as the original Canon item. Keep it in the car and when you see the main one going down, swap it ASAP - or better still get a car charger (again cheap on-line).

I mostly have my Canon A70 compact with me on any weekend journeys where I haven't taken the DSLR, failing that the old camera phone is a constant companion and not too bad either.

At current prices, it might be worth buying a really cheap digital compact and chucking it in the glove box - better to be safe!

I shall never go to the beach again and find I have left my battery in the charger at home again

What no bikini? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
I know have a spare battery for the Canon :lol: I shall never go to the beach again and find I have left my battery in the charger at home again..... hopefully

Be careful of taking photos at the beach- I tried that with my Canon A85 back in June 2005, and ended up with a bucketload of sand inside my camera holder (I don't know how I managed it, but sand gets everywhere...) The sand got inside the lens mechanism and, although the camera survived another three years, the lens mechanism was damaged causing the lens to jam in position from time to time.

(Ironically, the camera eventually bust because the viewfinder packed in- not because of the sticky lens mechanism!)

Posted
Be careful of taking photos at the beach- I tried that with my Canon A85 back in June 2005, and ended up with a bucketload of sand inside my camera holder (I don't know how I managed it, but sand gets everywhere...) The sand got inside the lens mechanism and, although the camera survived another three years, the lens mechanism was damaged causing the lens to jam in position from time to time.

(Ironically, the camera eventually bust because the viewfinder packed in- not because of the sticky lens mechanism!)

Well most of the beaches I go to are pebble beaches, but in Cornwall will be extra careful, although if the camera isn't in my hand its in my camera rucksack, which I have a protect plastic cover for. Now I have said that, you watch I will get sand in places sand really should be :lol:

Coast, I got a cheapy one too, the postage cost more than the battery :lol: I have been told by someone who has a couple of generic batteries, that he gets 3-1 more shots out of his generics plus they charge quicker!

Posted

yup that killed my first camera

• 1 year later...

LOL feeling your pain ! I had just moved to a new area to do a photography course and I was new to photography, not technically minded and not that fit due to a knee injury. I had just read that Andy Rouse recommended just going out for a walk without your camera gear to get to know the area and it wasnt to hard to convince me given the weight and it was that really hot summer ! Anyway out on my walk I came round a corner and there was a tawny owl bathing in a puddle ! :lol: I went back several times in the same weather conditions with my camera never saw it happen again ! :80::D :unsure: very important lesson learnt ! Amazing experience all the same ! :lol:

• 4 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

well i missed a funnle cloud back in late 2008 :'(