Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Kent Storm July 7th 2008

Posted

I wasn't sure whether these being in the storm section was right, so i decided to repost them here.

Here are a sequence of shots of the storm that passed overhead this evening - only 1 rumble of thunder though and no lightning :(

The first two images were taken around 7.20pm, after reports that a storm was 40miles to my west, I had a quick look in my garden, and saw 'the storm' in the distance, slowly getting closer, approaching from the west/northwest. The Sun was still shining when the first 2 images were taken. :D

Shortly afterwards, the sun went in and it turned very dark. That's when i dashed out around 7.40pm and took pictures 3 & 4. There is a definate 'white band' inside this storm, if you can make it out in the photos :huh:

Images 5-10 were taken between 7.50-8.00pm showing a lovely cloud structure display. Using characteristics displayed by this storm, it certainly looked like it was rotating in an anticlockwise direction as well as moving slowly eastwards. In the last image you can see a grey/brown 'sheet' behind the storm, which i presume is the torrential rain in the distance :rolleyes:

It's a shame little activity came from this storm, but still got some lovely cloudscapes :)

Please note: there is no editing to these photos, they are purely what the camera took B)

stormsequence.png

Larger versions:

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Great photos there MW... love the 'boiling' sky.!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Awsome!!

Great photos there MW... love the 'boiling' sky.!!

I've seen sky like that before but have never been lucky/sensible enough to have a camera handy.............fantastic photos MW!

Edited by hannegan

Posted

wow really nice shots there mate :rolleyes:

Posted

The radar is not good for my area. Put LN1 into the netweather radar and you can see there are intense blobs all around here but the shield around here means we are getting nothing. It is not actually raining at all.

Posted
The radar is not good for my area. Put LN1 into the netweather radar and you can see there are intense blobs all around here but the shield around here means we are getting nothing. It is not actually raining at all.

:)