Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Bee behaviour

Louby

Posted

We seemed to have adopted a little bee, Bert as we have named him. Bert has been busily bring little bits of leaves and filling the holes in the brick work with them. Now I know absolutely chuff all about bee's other than the basic and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to why Bert has been kindly filling the wholes in my wall.

We seemed to have adopted a little bee, Bert as we have named him. Bert has been busily bring little bits of leaves and filling the holes in the brick work with them. Now I know absolutely chuff all about bee's other than the basic and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to why Bert has been kindly filling the wholes in my wall.

how much you paying him?Joe'll do owt to save himself a bit work but employing a bees a bit ott :( maybee berts building a hive for lou bee

Edited by hannegan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Sounds like it could be one of the Leaf Cutter Bee species (Megachile), as they use the leaves to build their nest.

Edited by James M

Posted

Oooo, thanks, he is rather a dinky bee, but seems to fill the holes right up, Bert has filled 3 up so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Does Bert look anything like this?

Posted
no that's quite obviously Eric :( James tsk!

:(

Posted
:( yes James Bert looks like that but not so fat.

Well it will probably be one of them then, there are several species but I wouldn't know which ones are which.

Edited by James M

Posted

I will endevour to get a picture of Bert tomorrow, but he is rather a busy bee, so catching him wont bee easy.

I will endevour to get a picture of Bert tomorrow, but he is rather a busy bee, so catching him wont bee easy.

i'm stung by your waspish humour.....................if he's that busy i immagine his bum ble hardly stop moving

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Could be a masonry Bee.

Posted
Could be a masonry Bee.

Well done jethro been trying to remember it's name,your right we have a lot of them round here they just love the mead-foot slate thats used extensively around here, it's easy for them to burrow into

Edited by BARRY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
na jethro..........I know the masons have dropped their standards but immagine how many trouser legs a bee'd have to roll up?

Beggars can't be choosers. Before too long they'll be letting us girlies in too; can you imagine the havoc we'd cause :)

Posted
*whispers* heard a rumour they chase you for your cakes. :)

BUZZ OFF :)

Edited by TOMB RAIDER LEGEND